608-673-1420 and 414-306-6887 - Medicare Benefits Advisors Scam Again!

I’d love it too. Sadly, our broken political system does not allow FTC or FCC to collect fines. Commsrisk has some excellent articles about robocallers and how our authorities keep “tap-dancing” around the issue of few select bad players being fined insane amounts, then claiming “poverty” and then going right back to illegal robocall campaigns… Commsrisk is a wonderful resource, in general!

2 Likes

I think they can enforce criminal penalties. An easy way to do it would be to label robocalls and robocall VOIP enablers as parties to Federal crimes. In fact, due to the ongoing and persistent nature of the problem that is inflicting pain, financial hardship and suffering on tens of millions of Americans, I think it should be put in the same category as terrorism.

Yes, I think robocallers are terrorizing people. They are causing deaths and suffering, after all. So, what is the big difference between the two groups? Such serious threat to the nation could be dealt with by the power of the machine of Federal Law Enforcement; namely, FBI, CIA overseas and Homeland Security domestically. I bet you, if the authorities were to unleash powers like that, it would stop real fast!

3 Likes

I had a scammer tell me our government is turning a blind eye on purpose. I actually believe that.

3 Likes

Some of that is probably true. However, it is often just their negligence, laziness and sheer stupidity. For example, when I emailed the office of one of my State Senators about the issue and need to support harsher penalties on VOIP (I outlined some bills that are stuck in Congress that he should be supporting, in my opinion). I received a weird - and frankly stupid - email back where his staff member said that I should be contacting the State AG’s Office about the issue. Guess, what the State AG’s Office said? “You should get in touch with the FTC about this issue. It is a known nationwide problem”. Needless to say, FTC did not respond. Hahaha!

It was like a wonderful dark humor comedy!

3 Likes

Bounced you around like a basketball.

3 Likes

Yep, this is the way of our lovely government these days. Yet, I bet you, we have VOIP executives sitting in their nice chairs and laughing at the cease-and-desist notices they are getting from the FTC and FCC. They already know that any sort of “penalties” or “fines” are unenforceable anyways. Nor would they ever be held criminally liable. Their response is always: “Well, we are not making calls, it’s our clients/reseller. What do you want us to do about it?”

I have a response for them that the authorities don’t want to hear: “Promptly disconnect your clients making such illegal calls, or else you will be personally liable”.

3 Likes

This shit has been going on for years. I want my cash!

2 Likes

‪(213) 837-9113‬

‪(217) 438-0954‬

4 Likes

And it is phone numbers on the network of PEERLESS scum once again. I knew it! @MehNamesJeff - I think your superb communication skills are needed to communicate your stance to them!

2 Likes

I agree! I get angry, and they wouldn’t like me when I’m angry. :rofl:

2 Likes

You can always use Jeff’s template that he shared here earlier :slight_smile:

2 Likes

That’s what I have to do. I hate them so much my emotions sometimes take over.

2 Likes

‪(609) 400-0509‬

4 Likes

3 Likes

It looks great, but I think you should include all additional TNs that are robocalling and posing as Medicare.

2 Likes

Here are some from our fellow scambaiter:

‪(213) 837-9113‬, ‪(217) 438-0954‬, ‪(609) 400-0509‬

3 Likes

Simply brilliant! Excellent.

3 Likes

It is a typical corporate BS language. They have not even attempted to call this number themselves. Why is their fraud team refusing to hold this “third party reseller” accountable when their “client” is impersonating Medicare? Why won’t LUMEN’s team call the phone number used by these criminals to verify it?

You should also point to another scammer on their network impersonating PayPal (see below). It will be a good idea to CC the executives of PayPal on this email to Lumen: [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected]

PayPal Scam - 810-378-0309 - Scams - Scammer Info

2 Likes

Seems like they are blowing this off to me.

3 Likes

Nicely done, mate! Send it!

2 Likes