What are you using to call scammers?

New baiter here. Just wondering what everyone is using to call scammers anonymously. Also are you using a vpn? Is it ok to sign up for a internet phone with my real info?

6 Likes

TextNow, Skype or Google Voice websites can see straight through a VPN as anyone can
A lot of websites will not let you sign up or log in using a VPN
A VPN is one of the biggest hoaxes ever thrown upon and eaten up by the public
A total waste of time and money in my opinion
A necessary evil for fooling idiot scammers and the ill educated though

I never bother with TextNow or any free service phone numbers
You get what you pay for…that is not a lot
They are slow and cumbersome
Designed only to generate advertising revenue which is annoying if you don’t invest in blocking and ever seeing that sort of bullshit
Use a dialler and paid provider
Depending on how serious you are have as many CID’S as you can afford
They are generally $1 per number per month plus calls at around $0.002 per call (varies per provider)

Call the bastards until they block you or take their number offline
the sound of victory is…
continuous ringing, or
call drops, or
the familiar sound of
“the number you have dialled is unavailable…please check the number and try again”"
:grin:

8 Likes

Welcome! Never use your real info. I use TextNow. Some folks use VOIP service.
For PC, always use virtual machine and VPN

6 Likes

I use Ublock Origin, not sure if it blocks tracking but I use that on TextNow. Once I got my TextNow account, I have no issues using it and signing in. I have never noticed it to be slow, it does have its hiccups but for the most part it works well.

If you are in the US, then those services should be a lot smoother but with me it is still smooth once I managed to create my account, it basically smooth sailing at least with TextNow. I also tried Talkatone and while it works, that one has the most hiccups for me considering I am not in the US but I think that easy to setup if your not in the US if I am not mistaken but I am probably wrong.

In terms of VPNs; No they aren’t a waste of time or money if you have the right usages for it. If your just using it as a tool to not get hacked then no. However, when scambaiting using a VPN I think is essential, maybe not for calling them but if your going to let them connect to a Virtual Machine then a VPN is necessary. You can get away with ProtonVPN free as if I remember right it has split tunnelling so you can choose what apps don’t go through the VPN which is good if your a streamer for example.

Now for OP; Probably not best to sign up with your real information, for a VPN you can use ProtonVPN for free, TextNow (if your in the US, if not you will need to find a VPN that works) and if you want to let them connect then you can use Virtual Machines and that, NeeP has a publicly available one https://neepscambaiting.com/virtual-machines/

6 Likes

You can dip your toe in and start with TextNow, you don’t need your real info to sign up with them. And if you are going to let anyone access your computer, make sure you have a VM.
Otherwise, never, ever use your real details with anyone.
Have fun :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I use a voip that let’s me pick out what city calls originate from and let’s me use any CID I want…almost endless supply of number’s to to choose from right here from active scammers

3 Likes

I use text now that’s connected to a burner email.

3 Likes

To sign in to textnow you must sign up with a google account or facebook account. Create a fake facebook account with a Protonmail. After 1 hour you can use your new fake facebook account to sign up for textnow.

6 Likes

A good paid VOIP provider will ask you for personal information and never disclose it! the only way is through legal procedures, but these are almost non-existent unless you have committed a crime. In this case, even with a VOIP that does not have your personal information, authorities can find you.

3 Likes

Also, if you are going to let scammers onto your computer, please use a vm like vmware and vpns like windscribe or tunnelbear, but its better to get paid vpns and stuff, since paid services are easier and has more features, so those are what i recommend?

3 Likes

I use textnow, you can make alot of accounts and stuff, i recommend it.

2 Likes

I’m glued to Phonelite and VoIP carrier. Most beginners start with VOIP.MS which is pay per minute. Textnow & Talkatone if you’re cheap like me.

3 Likes

I am from the us. I have read that any internet phone that connects to another pc will show both peoples ip’s easily. Is this true? And what can I do if anything to stop that. Unless you’ve all been doing it. Then I have nothing to worry about.

I’m not interested in getting into anyones system or call flooding them I’m just interested in wasting their time the old school way. I’m only worried about the scammers getting my info somehow. So after explaining this should I still not use my real info when signing up for a voip? Could they get it somehow?

I know how to use a vm I’ve been researching and I’ll get a good vpn for the pc. It’s just the phone issue right now. I’m scared for them to find out who I am. They’re criminals after all lol.

I want to thank you and everyone who responded and helped me I really appreciate it. Sorry for all the questions.

2 Likes

Well I’m not looking to get in to anyones system or flood call them. I just want to waste their time. Should I still be weary of putting in my real information on a voip if this is the case?

1 Like

Oh wow what’s the name of it?

1 Like

I use textnow.

1 Like

I use

1 Like

Most often I use Textnow but sometimes I use Skype. I also have some prepaid sim cards what I use for scambaiting. Especially when I let scammer connect to my virtual machine I use vpn.

2 Likes

might want to look at the free 3CX for a year which is pretty easy to set up and I recommend Telnyx, they are cheaper than Voip.ms and also have a better backbone.

3 Likes

Choose a good one with a good reputation, read the privacy policy carefully and you are safe.

Any serious online company will not allow to disclose your personal information unless a court orders it. But to get there you must have done something serious, because it’s a very time consuming, complex and resource intensive procedure. There is also no international collaboration between most of these countries so if there is a legal injunction it goes straight through a black hole.

3 Likes