What are you using to call scammers?

Just to mention it in case some folks are not aware, some VOIP providers allow you to login to your VOIP account and click to hide your Caller ID on outgoing calls. Of course you can click when you stop scambaiting/scamharassing to show again your phone number.

I have Google Fiber as my VOIP phone and Internet provider. I did not realize this was possible until I logged into my VOIP Google Fiber Phone account online and saw that I could do it. When I cllick to hide my Caller ID on outgoing calls, my phone number does not show on the receiver’s Caller ID but instead “Unknown Number” shows on the Caller ID of the scammer.

So if any of you have a VOIP phone number, you might login to your VOIP account online and see if your provider offers you this option.

3 Likes

Doesn’t affect me. Have one of the most advanced setups.

1 Like

What’s your set up?

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like

This is what I use to call scammers…

5 Likes

Running your own system really is 2nd to none. The more one learns about how things actually work, the more they know where to poke at the scammers network :slight_smile:

I use Google Voice and I unlinked my real phone number from my Google Voice number as soon as I signed up. Also, my Google Voice account is under [email protected] which is my fake email address. I also have a Google Doc that I made where I have all of Lizzie’s information written down. I would copy this and write down some fake facts for an online persona. Because remember to never give out any personal information Oh, and when you add the address make sure that the house number you add for the street is not on that street so nobody has to deal with a scammer. For example, on Irving Road all the house numbers have three digits, so I would make this one up: 3802 Irving Road

Personal Info
Name: Lizzie Wells
Email: [email protected]
Phone Number: (xxx) xxx - xxxx
Birthday: Month, DD, YYYY
Race: White/Black/Hispanic/etc.
Address: [house number] [street name] [city], [country] [zip]

Family
Household Size: 1, 2, 3, etc.
list any family members here

Finance
Household Income: XX,000
Student Debt: XX,000
Job:
Education: Highschool Diploma, Associate’s Degree, Bachelor’s Degree, etc.
and make sure that the job matches the education background to make it sound legit

Other Odd Facts
Religion: Christian/Islam/Athiest/etc.
Cars: one truck, one car/one car/no cars/etc.
Hobbies: writing, go-carting/etc.

and all of the above is fake REMEMBER
no personal information

And if you want you can write down some ready-made fake ID numbers for remote access:
Team Viewer: 682014327
Anydesk: 456310588
Ultra Viewer: 289375012
nine digits long remember

2 Likes

Thank you!

I use my dialer

1 Like

Ooh nice Microsip. I also use that for when I am not using TextNow or can’t.

2 Likes

A network, as I’m partners with that supports all my phone lines.

1 Like

Looks good

1 Like

If you need to make + receiving calls. Includes number as part of the package. We have a small membership fee to for overhead costs. We’ve made a Pit during our rush hours. It doesn’t have a number assigned, due to people flooding. There are a bunch of other features except no spoofing is our number one policy

I have been using VOIP.ms and I simply change my outgoing caller ID every few calls. This method does not allow incoming calls but as far as I understand I can make outgoing calls with impunity with no hope of being traced by a scammer.

how to call scammers? I am getting scammers but no way to call them…

Damn … I am old enough to remember the old public pay phones. :frowning_face:

2 Likes

Textfree for me the others hate me textnow 2nd line

It died :frowning: The phone no longer detects that the receiver has been lifted. Even if I call itďżź
& answer, it still just keeps ringing. I toned the switch & that is working correctly. So I am afraid it’s something in the board. Was fun while it lasted.

I even picked up some new display cards for it.

1 Like