Update

Hi all.

I’m currently reverting back to my old HP Touchsmart pc from (AROUND) 2011, that seems to actually work just fine… Running on 6GB! Does anyone know if I should add a VM to this? Or is 6GB not good enough! Still new to known scambaiting tools lol and the following required/recommended/minimum specifications etc

Also, on BOBRTC.TEL it says that registrations are closed until jan 2 2022, is that the ones to make a bobrtc account with? or is that for something else? just to confirm.

1 Like

An important factor to remember is not to give too much RAM for the virtual machines. The host needs some to function well, too. An example: you have 4 GB of RAM, assigning 512 MB of it to your vm. The host has enough to run smoothly but the vm might seem a bit sluggish. Increasing the vm RAM to 1 or 2 GB will make it to run a bit better still allowing the host to run OK,

As for BoB, it does pertain to new accounts. My understanding is you can create a new accnt. Jan. 2 on.

Noted, thank you for the help! How much would you recommend I give to a VM if Host (me ofc) is running on 6GB on the main pc? And what VM software would you recommend?

Assuming that you’re running Win10 64bit, 2GB of RAM would be fine, with the other 2GB allocated to the VM.
There are a couple of VM’s on BoB, but I use Modder Paul Huckers (Twitch) setup. I recommend watching some of his streams as you’ll pick up many tricks. Ray put in lots of work on it. Here are links to his VM & some great reading material:

ScamBait Virtual Machine Setup (VM)

Modder Paul Huckers ScamBait Tools (Tools)

Ty.

I’m running a Windows 7 Home Premium X64 atm at least, like I said reverted back to my OLD pc (hence the title is UPDATE if you’d see one of my previous ones), working well fine actually although it’s pretty old ngl damn lol. Couldn’t get the free windows 10 upgrade smh, expired last year.

Win7 is what I use too on a refurbished Dell tower that a friend was going to trash. Stuck 12 gigs of RAM in it along with a new PS & battery. Technically, Win10 uses more RAM, but uses it more efficiently due to its ability to cache it. You’ll be just fine with 7.

Noted, how much ram then should I put on the VM? What do you suggest? Or does it depend on the software itself?

I would think 2Gigs would be plenty. Start playing with it when you get it installed and see how it runs. If you go on Rays stream you can always ask him in the chat box. He’s very helpful and comes on here periodically.

Ty for the help!

:+1: That’s what do here!

Quick question.

Say I no longer needed the VM/Wanted to change the RAM. I’m assuming there’s a setting option available somewhere in the VM, correct?

1. Select the virtual machine and select Player > Manage > Virtual Machine Settings.
  2. On the Hardware tab, select Memory.

The Memory panel includes information to help you select the appropriate amount of memory for the virtual machine. The high end of the range is determined by the amount of memory that is allocated to all running virtual machines.

1. Align the slider with the corresponding icon to change the amount of memory.

The color-coded icons indicate the maximum recommended memory, the recommended memory, and the guest operating system minimum memory amounts.

1. Click OK to save your changes.
  2. Power on the virtual machine to implement the changes.

Ok! Ty. Just waiting for the ZIP to download lol. Smh, having to wait until Jan 2 to open a BOBRTC acc so I can use that to help troll those pesky assholes. Didn’t know thy open and close registrations often. Just downloaded WIRESHARK at last tho.

Yes new account registration closded for the time being (BobRTC)

Hi,

Is https://www.virtualbox.org/ any good? I can’t download the ScamBait Virtual Machine Setup (Paul Huckers) as recommended earlier, as far as I know I need VMWare to open the files and set it up. Tried to download the VMWare, and it didn’t let me saying Windows 8 or a greater OS is needed. And if https://www.virtualbox.org/ is good, would I still be able to use only about 1 or 2 GB? Or would it generally differ depending on the VM software itself?

I’ve never personally used though I’m sure it’s good to use. You will need to find a fake banking site software. Drwat may be able to help you on that end.

Hey, could you help me find a fake banking site piece of software please? Jhawk says you could possibly help in the above reply.

1 Like

See PM I sent you.

The best from Sinister Spatula. He is super gentleman, well respected.
His app has so many features.

Ty! Much Obliged. :slight_smile:
Can’t afford it right now, but will deffo try to buy it at some point.

1 Like