SSA Idiots

I agree. Absolutely insane political establishment that we have with the most outlandish ideas!

So sad that this thread descended into a US political argument and into drone strikes.

This is a country of 1.1bn to 1.3bn people, scammers represent an incredibly tiny amount of the population, but the damage they do is huge.

The way to make the Indian authorities take note is to name and shame, to use what is important to them as a country (commerce) and to also regulate our own websites and tools so they cannot be used by them.

Trust me if these guys got organised in their scamming the problem would be far worse. We are lucky that most of them are not investing in their infrastructure.

Also it is not just India, these scams are already in Algeria for French Speakers, in Turkey and Ukraine for Eastern Europe and will soon move into the Philippines and Latin America.

It comes about from exploitation of developing countries, moving call centres out there, then moving business processes out there. Later when they are removed those staff want other jobs, that is why you see the ads for “processes” it may be an insurance company or a bank that offshored certain processes, but them recalled them when they found their data being shared or or their intellectual property being stolen.

I know this because I did it, I developed software and used such countries to do aspects of the software development process such as user acceptance testing or code evaluation.

Unfortunately, we had a bad experience in India where we needed a 10 screen mock up of a new version we were moving to a new platform, it was for a client we were bidding to.

They delivered the mock up in 72 hours, unfortunately they stole the code and the idiots used our brand name and then used SEO to rank their copy which they were selling for $5. The damage was that this got into the hands of our competitors who tried to steal our intellectual property.

It was a close call, luckily it was just a demo, but we never used India again and we implemented a system where offshore workers could not copy, paste, save or screenshot, any attempt to do so got them immediately fired and we went further because after India incident we got full employment history of each person we used. We then informed all the agencies so they became unemployable. We used other Countries until we got big enough to bring all our development home, what India needs to realise is that these scammers are destroying the reputation of India. They need to introduce long long sentences of 10 to 30 years, plus seizure of assets of them and their whole family.

They also need to BE SEEN to be taking it this seriously.

2 Likes

If you saw the JimB video where the tech took the laptop home an inadvertently filmed himself having sex with his wife you will see that it was a pretty short event. This from the country that gave us the Kama Sutra* :rofl: :joy:

• The Kama Sutra is an ancient Indian Sanskrit text on sexuality, eroticism and emotional fulfillment in life.

HELLOOOO Muthafukkaz! (Remember to be polite…)

Little chimpdicks posting from up in the trees somewhere

Whenever I get into a real convo with a scammer I make this point to them, and it always seems to hit home.

And you’re correct, one of the reasons scams have proliferated in India is because lots of BPO, tech and call center jobs have been pulled out, leaving behind thousands of trained tech and call center-savvy workers with nothing to do. A lot of those call center jobs moved to the Phillipines, because Filipinos are educated, hard-working, sound friendlier and are generally better at speaking English. They also consume far more American culture than Indians, making them sound more “relatable”.