Earlier today, I was notified about the arrests of two scammers currently listed on the Wall of Shame. Their respective pages have been updated accordingly, but I will offer a brief explanation for each arrest:
ARREST 1: Richard Zeitlin
- Zeitlin is the owner of American Technology Services, LLC DBA Unlimited Tech Support, Unified Data Services, LLC DBA Cloud Data Services, Compliance Consultants, LLC DBA American PCI Services and Wired 4 Data, LLC. All of these companies were largely funded through fraudulent police/veterans political action committees (PACs).
- Zeitlin was arrested by federal authorities in Las Vegas, Nevada on August 17, 2023 for using his telemarketing call center business to defraud donors by providing false or misleading information about how their money would be spent. Zeitlin will go on trial in the Southern District of New York on charges of wire fraud, the conspiracy to commit wire fraud, obstruction of justice and the conspiracy to obstruct justice at 2:30PM EST on September 14, 2023.
ARREST 2: Kunal Gupta
- Gupta is the owner and managing director of MET Technologies Ptv. Ltd., a fake call center in Kolkata, West Bengal, India that facilitated refund scams to American, British and Australian victims under the guise of Amazon Prime, Bank of America and Disney+.
- MET Technologies were one of three call centers glitterbombed in a joint operation by Mark Rober, Trilogy Media and @JimBrowning11 in May last year before being raided by the Bidhannagar Cyber Crime Police this past December.
- After attempting to flee to different parts of the country, as well as the United Arab Emirates, Gupta was arrested on August 26, 2023 without bail.