‘Scammerblaster’ charged with computer fraud, extortion

That or perjured himself on the financial statement in court. To clarify, to qualify for a court-appointed lawyer your income (including yields/returns) must be no more than 25% above poverty. Which, assuming household size of four would be no more than $54,000 a year.

If he did have anywhere near the money he’s claimed to of had, it would be absolutely stupid to wait until now to get a public defender and not have a lawyer on retainer. These documents are publicly available in PACER for anyone willing to pay for it.

1 Like

This is a fellow Scambaiter and there are MANY Scammers operating out there right now if anyone cares. I for one am troubled a very effective site that the scammers DESPISED is no longer there. Am I the only one? This reminds me of “Beware the Ides of March.”

Thank GOD that Scammerblaster has this right:

Rule 38. Right to a Jury Trial; Demand

(a) Right Preserved. The right of trial by jury as declared by the Seventh Amendment to the Constitution—or as provided by a federal statute—is preserved to the parties inviolate.

(b) Demand. On any issue triable of right by a jury, a party may demand a jury trial by:

(1) serving the other parties with a written demand—which may be included in a pleading—no later than 14 days after the last pleading directed to the issue is served; and

(2) filing the demand in accordance with Rule 5(d).

(c) Specifying Issues. In its demand, a party may specify the issues that it wishes to have tried by a jury; otherwise, it is considered to have demanded a jury trial on all the issues so triable. If the party has demanded a jury trial on only some issues, any other party may—within 14 days after being served with the demand or within a shorter time ordered by the court—serve a demand for a jury trial on any other or all factual issues triable by jury.

1 Like

He still committed fraud and admitted to traffic pumping, andnisnon the record admitting to it. One thing people don’t seem to realize is that his motives for it will possibly be gagged from court. Even if we ignore all the shady things he’s done, it’s not the jury’s fault to recognize if his actions were just/whatever. It’s their duty to identify if he committed those crimes. His motive/and or justification for extortion, fraud, etc do not matter. Starving homeless people go to jail for stealing food.

Ontop of everything, the Utah case is still sealed. There’s possibly more arrests and more charges coming down the pipeline. Hoping for jury nullification/etc is literally just admitting guilt and is a horrible legal strategy. A lawyer cannot even suggest or mention nullification. He has a public defender who will very strongly urge him to take a plea, I doubt he’ll take it and will likely fire him. Based on his blatant behavior, taunting, and disrespect of the FCC, he will be found guilty and face upper limit of charges after a shitshow of a trial.

1 Like

It appears the docket/charges have been updated. He now has additional charges of conspiracy to commit fraud and aiding and abetting. Which would mean they have reasonable proof of knowledge of a crime, cooperation, and concealment with other parties. Ergo, they likely have some very interesting chat logs. The feds will likely be paying people some visits. Just a friendly reminder, it’s a crime to lie to federal agent even “accidentally”. Anything they ask you, they probably already know the answer to. Since SBs arrest was originally sealed on the second, and the Utah case is still sealed…it seems they’re treating this like a crime group and busted the leader and may go after smaller fishes to flip and or as part of clean up.

I am in the process of attempting to obtain additional records including:
Affidavits of third parties and a CDR of his calls that the FCC verified. In two months he placed 10 million calls, which would average to about a call every half second if he were running it real time. Suffice to say…I don’t think he could’ve managed that many scammer numbers 24/7.

3 Likes

I’m sorry but I have to comment here ‘disrespect of the FCC!!!’ that’s a crime? they are a regulator funded by the very entities they are supposed to regulate and they have squandered billions of taxpayers dollars. they do not deserve any respect, respect has to be earned.

1 Like

Yes, I doubt he will take a plea. My understanding is that jurys are ‘directed’ I guess we wait and see.

It is always interesting to me how people take “part” of something out of context to try illustrating a point that wasn’t even what the original statement was about.
It was never said that disrespecting the FCC was a crime, however, it is a factor that will be considered towards establishing “Character”, “Behavioral Pattern” and “Disregard of the Law”.

3 Likes

To clarify…it’s not a crime. However if you’re flippant after having been caught doing a crime, punishment will often be harsher. The FCC “caught him in 4k”, based on the FCC consumer reports, volume of calls, etc…he was traffic pumping to legitimate people. I am hoping to get the CDR records.

1 Like

fair point… but my disdain for the FCA and all the other 3 letter regulatory agencies that are funded by the industries they are supposed to be regulating stands, they do not deserve any respect, they are corrupt.

1 Like

While many of us can agree they have not been very good at stopping robocallers by merely depending on telecoms to conform to the Rules, they are now cracking down on Telecoms with force.
So because call flooding is a “form” of robo calling, those who just happen to be using telecoms that got busted doesn’t mean they are out to get scambaiters. The previous FCC Chairman didn’t get the job done, so now that the next person is doing something, shouldn’t we support it, instead of complaining about how our ‘activities’ are being disrupted or who got caught doing wrong?

We should be working with them, not against them.

2 Likes

I have no respect for them or the other corrupt/captured agencies such as the FDA, the conflict of interest is staggering. the FCC’s crackdown will no doubt be targeting the smaller telecoms outfits, possibly putting them out of business thus benefiting the bigger players who are funding the FCC. Regulators should never be allowed to be influenced by the industries they are regulating but this is the ‘norm’ now not just in telecomms but in all industries. No I can’t support them.

1 Like

I can understand the frustration of not getting results from the various Agencies, even after enough time has passed they could have done something. I can’t view it as a corruption though, since there are so many “subdivisions” compartmentalized within each Agency. I view it more like one hand doesn’t always know what the other one is doing or expected the other one to take care of it.
The FDA regulates the Food and Drug industries, from R&D to manufacturing to distribution. The amount of resources required to handle that alone is staggering!
The FCC regulates Communications for every type of communication, not just telecoms.
The FTC regulates Trade from the local store to the international level.

Each have programs to help people from all levels of economics and I understand how people think they are corrupt merely because they can’t fathom the complexity each Agency must endure. You can believe them to be corrupt if you want, that’s your Right, but preaching it without understanding it is just a little bit narrow minded and selfish in my opinion.

it’s good that we can all have an opinion then. I won’t be commenting any more but my opinion is that regulators should never, ever be funded by the industries they are supposed to be regulating, it is not possible for there to be no conflict of interest. My selfish opinion, for what it’s worth.

1 Like

Simple word of advice: If you don’t like the FCC, don’t go and upload a video showing you running an email flood campaign on YT: Email Flooding Bombing Onvoy Inteliquent - We've Had Enough! - YouTube

Regardless of motive/etc, the fact is, he’s broken the law many many times.

Yes I do feel bad for SB tbh, this is something I’ve seen recently and is some good news. Like I previously said let the law take it’s own course. I’m not gonna believe anything for now on that case.

OJ? What’s that?

OJ Simpson murder case from Mid '90s

1 Like

Per bitrate, sb was arrested in part for harassing onvoy/intelloquent employees. SB uploaded a video on his YT channel showing him mail bombing them. There’s also some fraud and other charges in there as well. In court SB told the judge the charges were bogus.

So you have the choice of Bitrate (one of SB’s cronies) is lying about the reasons, SB faked mail bombing Onvoy/Intelloquent on YT for views and got charged with multiple felonies over a fake video, or he’s guilty and lied to a judge.

Realistically, none of these make him look good.

3 Likes