Scammer hotline latest number?

What is the latest number for scammer hotline? (the latest)

2 Likes

@ReconScammers do you know the latest scammer hotline number?

2 Likes

I thought it was dead?? I miss that hotline.

3 Likes

Earlier today I heard Pierogi using it.

2 Likes

If anyone finds the number send it my way. Neither number has been active for me since 22.

2 Likes

its not open to the public anymore because of the way that people used it. i can ask midnight if that has changed but dont get your hopes up

3 Likes

If it does, in fact, still exist, I would love that number as well. I found it to be one of my favorite tools for the times Ijust wanted to relentlessly troll scammers, as I don’t have a constantly changing PBX thingamawhat’sit.

3 Likes

If people were using it to reverse connect and such, I can vouch, at least for myself, that I wouldn’t do that as I don’t even have a VM for baiting. If it’s not open its’ not open, but thanks for asking all the same.

3 Likes

Suggestion: case by case, the hotline number can be granted to some of us.

6 Likes

The problem wasn’t that, the problem is that because scambaiters had an unblockable way to call scammers, they did not try to bait the scammers in the slightest. They would curse them out, tell them they had hacked into their phone systems, and plenty of other useless shit. This made up at least 95% of the calls and led to scammers locking down their operations. Basically, the conclusion was reached that if it is more difficult for people to call, they will do better, more productive baiting. There is no accountability with the hotline and people are constantly on their worst behavior. The few people who have access to its current form are known to the operators and must do their best to imitate victims, as every baiter should. I don’t expect it to be reopened, it may have been convenient or entertaining but people fucking around cost us lost victims, real people whose life savings are gone because people wanted to larp as hackers to pump up their egos. Personally, I have very little interest in expanding access to the system, listening through the call logs let me hear the worst of scambaiting. The inner community that develops these tools, whether it be the scanners or the hotlines or the far more interesting ones that never see the light of day has access to this stuff, but this tool in particular isn’t super useful to share. Because of the way that it works, baiting these scammers doesn’t really enable us to prevent anyone else from being scammed like normal baiting does, so it is really just for entertainment. Your efforts are much better spent baiting organic numbers. As for drwart’s suggestion, these systems were available on an approval basis but these communities are not currently accepting new members for the most part. The only outsiders who realistically would be worth approving are content creators.

7 Likes

Thank you. I only produce audios which I post here and in in twitter links.

I was given the impression, they MAY consider giving access to quality content providers like you.

Hi. Not really sure why you came to the conclusion that you would be disqualified from using it. I suggest you read the post again. If you did use the hotline you would be asked not to do anything such as deleting files, just impersonate victims. If you would like to make a request you may message me.

2 Likes

Thanks

A new version of the number with new restrictions on it has been released. You can read Midnight’s post here: Scammer Hotline

2 Likes