Norton Challenge

Thanks, @drwat! Thanks for confirmin’, Doc! I am gonna try these numbers in this thread now JUST IN CASE they are active still.

2 Likes

3:37 pm Central, Tues., 18-Jan-2021 …

(857) 202-4556 … It’s active! (from my home landline number that I had switched to show “Unknown Number” as from my TextNow number this 857 202 4556 is not active … maybe they figured out how to block my TextNow number)

(213) 600-7599 … It’s NOT active. The mailbox is full.
(647) 494-7908 … It’s NOT active.
(213) 873-7822 … It’s NOT active. The mailbox is full.

2 Likes

(213) 600-7599 … A female scammer abswered

1 Like

OML. I accidentally said I’m calling about Amazon Prime video, but I forgot that it’s Norton. Ughhh

2 Likes

I’ve done that too, @AngelFat!

1 Like

For some reason, from both my TextNow and Unknown Number VOIP, I cannot get through to 213 600 7599.

With my Unknown Number VOIP, I am getting through still to (857) 202-4556

1 Like

https://dealsonav.com/mcafee-antivirus/
they are active again.

1 Like

Wow, @alesthebait! The URL Norton Antivirus – DEALSONAV that @drwat posted in this thread is for NORTON whereas the URL that you posted above is for MCAFEE. They are supposed “LEGITIMATE RESELLERS” for BOTH Norton AND McAfee? Haha, yeah right.

2 Likes

Called them and said I’m calling about McAfee antivirus. They went silent for a few secs then hung up. :frowning:

3 Likes

The dumbasses answerin’ the (857) 202-4556 might not know that there are TWO internet addresses for the phone number, one for Norton and another for McAfee. Maybe higher ups in the scam organization are the ones who created the websites and they did not inform some of the call center scammers about all of the different products (Norton, McAfee) that they fraudulently try to sell.

Plus the (857) 202-4556 is like yesterday in that they just hang up and do not try very hard to scam people even if you ask about Norton products and even if you do not mention McAfee.

1 Like

yeah because I was messing with them for the last 20 minutes.

1 Like

Reported that to Cloudflare and NameCheap. That’s the best I can do for now (other than spamming their contact form with “A M O N G U S”, but that’s a last resort).

(Forgot to get a screenshot of CloudFlare lmao)

Edit: Also dealing with Onvoy for that number :expressionless:

2 Likes

Damn. They suck at hiring scammers.

Thanks @AngelFat for reporting the phone number to Onvoy, a horrible carrier who does not seem to care if people use a phone number through Onvoy to behave criminally. Thanks for reporting the scam website(s) to CloudFlare. I am ignorant about how to know that CloudFlare is hosting the https://dealsonav.com/ websites or maybe providing the DNS domain name dealsonav.

1 Like

WHOIS shows that the website has CloudFlare name servers. CloudFlare’s name servers mask the name servers of the actual website host in order to provide their security/performance services, so you have to report abuse to CloudFlare for them to forward it to the true hosting company.

1 Like

Thanks very much, @AngelFat! I created a Word doc to save the information you kindly provided to me. I went to WhoIs.Com and searched the root URL and I see the results. Thanks again!

2 Likes

You’re welcome!

norton and mcafee

2 Likes

Calling rn

Edit: I forgot what this scam is about so I just said I got an email about Norton products that I bought even tho I didn’t buy them. Don’t think that’s what they usually scam about but about 4 mins wasted so far so it seems cool.

Edit 2: He’s just silent, but I hear him on the phone typing. That works I guess.

2 Likes

It is active as of 3:42 pm Central. A guy answered and said he is with “Support” but he did not mention Norton or McAfee. I did not try to bait him but rather I harassed him immediately.

On my second call, a different guy answered as McAfee.

At 5:13 pm Central, U.S.A., they are still answering! I actually got a “Feck You!” out of one guy.

But the other ones who answer sound tired, unenthusiastic, and demoralized (Me: Where is your enthusiasm? Are you not enjoying your life of crime? Don’t be so shy and timid.)

4 Likes