Have you been scammed by tech support?

Anyone here been through a tech support scam and interested in being interviewed for a documentary? You can email me at [email protected] for details.

9 Likes

Welcome :smiley:

1 Like

I know someone who has, I can tell them about this

3 Likes

Never been scammed…but I’m glad to see more film makers are exposing these low life scammers.

4 Likes

bumping to the top

2 Likes

Not me … protect those who cannot protect them selves tho

Welcome to the community @ASri
I have quite an interesting and profoundly sad story about the victim of a tech support scam; not only how it affected that person, but also their family.
This story is the main reason I became a scambaiter six years ago.

3 Likes

@ASri - I have never been scammed. However, I have been researching and tracking one very peculiar and particular trend: Over 60% of all scams in the US occur from telephone numbers on Onvoy/Intelliquent’s VOIP network. Onvoy executives and attorneys are very much aware of it, but will not do anything about it. Likely, it’s because it generates massive income for them. Not only that, but they threaten people continuously reporting scams with legal consequences for “harassment” and make fun of such reports. Inteliquent/Onvoy is an absolutely evil and disgusting company that aids scammers in harassment and illegal activities by not addressing such illegal conduct.

You can certainly research all of it on your own by simply scrutinizing info related to Onvoy aka “Inteliquent” from open sources. There are currently two big lawsuits against Onvoy due to their complacency with scams. More are expected. I think it might be very beneficial if we had journalists cover this aspect of scams. Were it not for Onvoy and some smaller VOIP businesses like Peerless Network, there would have never been such enormous number of scams in North America. Also, I would like to welcome you to the community!

4 Likes

Has Dan gotten back to you yet?

1 Like

Dan won’t deal with it, but Adam has 2 lawsuits going against them.

1 Like

Oh damn, what did Dan end up emailing you as his response lol? And at least Onvoy are finally getting the start of what they deserve lol.

2 Likes

Dan said it was not the case they’d handle and they were behind on other stuff… However, Adam Cohen is working directly on Onvoy right now for their negligence and tolerating harassment.

2 Likes

Ah, fair enough. Adam actually hasn’t replied to my email - I wonder if I should send a follow up or something. @scamterminator2021

2 Likes

Hmm, he might have been busy with these lawsuits, but you can follow up with him too.

3 Likes

COPY: @scamterminator2021

2 Likes

Looks good! Once he starts communicating with you, feel free to share that communication with me directly via PM, so that we do not arm the scammers and their Onvoy boytoys with any evidence. We do not want anything used against our good cause!

3 Likes

Will do boss! Hopefully communication starts asap. lol.

2 Likes

They are a wholesaler, but they do not forward reports to their wholesale customers, nor cut ties with customers that refuse to act on reports…

3 Likes

Indeed. They also are likely making many of these robocalls themselves and they have designed software for it.

3 Likes