GoDaddy.com - Ignoring abuse reports & assisting scammers

2 Likes

THANKS GUYS
YALL ARE LEGENDS
Honestly thanks everyone

Use Uberduck | Text-to-speech, voice automation, synthetic media

I am happy to have my name attached to issue

1 Like

Just ring godaddy again and again and make complaints. This will tie up their time and cost them $$ if you use their +1 8669381119 number. Don’t bother with any Web form or email as godaddy Don’t read them. Even calling won’t result in a scam site being taken down, but it will cost them time and $$$.

3 Likes

It’s legit nothing compared to what they gain

They respond to me and tell me to contact law enforcement about scams. What if we talk a local law enforcement officer into submitting an abuse report?

Also, GoDaddy is a legitimate company, and I’ve used their services about a year ago. They’re just incompetent with abuse reports.

Wasting money of a semi-complicit third party still isn’t justice for the families that lost their life savings and can’t feed their kids. It doesn’t matter if we cost GoDaddy a couple bucks if they aren’t going to take down the scams.

1 Like

Honestly, law enforcement won’t do anything. The next step would be to file a complaint with ICANN about GoDaddy refusing to take down domains that display clear intent to harm users and/or attempt to steal user information.

3 Likes

Stay on the phone with them and bug them. Specifically walk them through submitting an abuse report step by step. I’ve found that pretty much any organization will do what you want if you annoy them enough.

As for ICANN, I will indeed submit a report.

1 Like

The best idea, in my opinion, would encompass a “hybrid warfare” approach. We need to “attack” GoDaddy on multiple fronts: 1. Contact as many media outlets as possible and describe to them in details how this company is complicit and refuses to take down scams
2. Post numerous negative reviews on social media platforms as well as BBB
3. Contact multiple attorneys to see if any of them would be willing to take on the class-action suit on a contingency basis to sue GoDaddy
4. Keep bugging your State Senators about the issue as well as FCC, FTC and Office of the US Congress responsible for telecommunications
5. Go to your State Attorney General’s office as well as State Consumer Protection Bureau about GoDaddy
6. Inform other State’s Attorney General Offices about GoDaddy.

All of these things are time-consuming, but they MIGHT be worth it. This is the approach I’ve chosen with ONVOY. We cannot let them be “comfortable” with all these scammers!

1 Like

From my experience, LEOs don’t deal with foreign scams, VOIP providers and website hosting firms. I’ve spoken with numerous victims of scams, and all of them were referred to FTC for “investigating”. Identity theft victims were referred to the FBI who took down their info and just filed a report.

Sadly, it is wishful thinking that cops do something about it, my friend…

Say that someone in their jurisdiction was targeted by the scam (you). Law enforcement has the right to submit an abuse report, and sometimes there are abuse contacts specifically for law enforcement.

As for #3, I don’t know if we could really sue GoDaddy or whatever else with an attorney - that would take a lot of time and money, honestly.

1 Like

(post deleted by author)

In fact, I just spoke with an elderly lady who called my cell phone about one month ago. Indian/Paki scammers spoofed my number and called her and harassed her on numerous occasions. She finally had enough of it and called me. She was pretty angry, because she’d often get 15+ calls daily from these “Habibis”. I politely explained to her what spoofing was and what they were trying to accomplish. She saved all of their BS voicemails and went to local police station and called the FBI due to possible identify theft. It appears that the criminals knew her DOB and such. Both of these law enforcement agencies took down the info and filed the reports. And this is where it ended.

I told the old lady about my hybrid approach idea in fighting scams. Despite the fact that this elderly woman did not seem too computer literate, she grasped the idea of VOIP carriers enabling the scams. She listed numerous example of callers from Onvoy and Ring Central numbers bugging her in addition to spoofed numbers. It’s an obvious trend here. Many VOIP carriers are evil and need to be punished.

I see, that’s true.

@AngelFat: I know that there are attorneys who work pro bono and some are willing to fight these assholes in the hopes of big payback after the class action lawsuit. A website hosting firm could be sued for knowingly being complicit while illegal activities are reported to it. You’re absolutely right that attorneys are not cheap, unless one could find an attorney willing to work on contingency basis.

I see - maybe. That’s sort of a luck of the draw kind of thing.

1 Like

Yes, I know… I already contacted so many lawyers to fight certain known VOIP carriers that are complicit with scams. It’s likely a hassle for them and the payback is uncertain, hence the reason they’re hard to find.

1 Like

Indeed, yeah.

1 Like