GoDaddy.com - Ignoring abuse reports & assisting scammers

It’s safe to say they try to polish themselves up to look good as well as hindering their evidence of scammers abusing their service. They only care about how cool they look and not about the well-being of people. It’s horrible, but it’s the truth.

1 Like

still up

UPDATE ON myphonesupport.com : I have spoken to GoDaddy and they say it isn’t hosted by them

MyPhoneSupport’s host location must be in Roodt-sur-Syre, Luxembourg according to these who-is details. But they could also be using a VPN, so I wouldn’t be so sure. If possible, contact the number below. Luxembourg’s official languages are Luxembourgish, French, and German, and if anyone here is fluent in any or all of those languages please don’t hesitate to contact these folks about the MyPhoneSupport. Unfortunately I’m not able to get the other host data due to the privacy block, so I’m bringing forth what hasn’t been censored.

Address
BPM 333868, Banzelt 4 A

City
Root-sur-Syre

Postal Code

Country
LU

Phone
+352.27720304

Betzdorf, Luxembourg

@anon47227696 Thanks for the info.

1 Like

actually, no, that’s a whois privacy block, the actual host is SingleHop LLC, and it’s hosted on IP address 108.163.238.217

Wow. Does the number you mentioned earlier still work? I’d like to give them a call. Thanks.

I also have had numerous issues with scammers using GoDaddy. I have reported all of them to GoDaddy’s abuse email to no avail. They do not even respond. I have noticed that the absolutely majority of those scammers tend to operate on Onvoy and Peerless Network VOIP networks too. All of them are super obnoxious. You’d think that there would be attorneys representing people in class-action suits against all of the above by now, but it does not seem to be the case, at all. My personal opinion is that we should go after GoDaddy, Onvoy and other scam enablers in the US. Scammers unfortunately will always exist, especially if they’re out of reach of our law enforcement (e.g., abroad). However, with the right amount of pressure, both law enforcement and politicians could be pushed by the people to go after local scam-enabling entities.

2 Likes

I’ll call as soon as I can. Thanks for your help.:+1:

1 Like

Just about every student loan scam website is hosted by godaddy. F$&@ godaddy.

2 Likes

I agree. Also, f@ck Onvoy! I hate them both!

2 Likes

Yes, we should. I also recommend that each of us writes to their Senator and FCC. I did that and also wrote to my State Attorney General. I really wish we could find an attorney for class-action lawsuit!

1 Like

Yes, great idea! I actually got a response from my State Attorney General Office; some investigator wrote to me that they would look into my inquiry and submit a written complaint to offending parties and providers.

1 Like

A Lawyer shouldn’t be hard to find… The issue is funding one. Let’s get 3 lawyers just to be safe, but anyone got a cool million or 5 or 10 laying around? No? Well neither do I (I Do but I really don’t. Long story don’t care to explain)… Either way Yeah We need a few lawyers. I Am studying legal but I doubt anyone wants to wait 7+ years.

Oh, you’d be surprised… I have approached multiple attorneys in my area and not a single one wanted to take the case against VOIP providers enabling scammers. Obviously, most scams are overseas, so you can’t sue them, but US-based VOIP scumbags are a possible option. Still, lawyers don’t want to deal with it. However, here is my thought process: If a class-action suit could be started, then attorneys would be much more cooperative and might even take the case as pro bono/contingency fee arrangement. Another possible option is State Consumer Protection Bureaus. I’ve had some success with the one at my state level. They have their own attorneys and investigators or work with the State Attorney General’s office. Bottom line: The squeaky wheel gets the grease. It’s also good to write to your Senator in the US Congress. Believe it or not, some senators actually respond and are passionate about fighting scams. We aren’t in a perfect world with a great system, by any means, but applying civil pressure on politicians does make a difference.

1 Like

True enough Lawyers may not want to take it but India and the US have entered agreements to combat scammers it’s not so much the Indian government who’s not compliant it’s the police who’s on scammer payroll. This is nothing short of Pablo escobar level BS.

Either way I’ll have some of my US friends issue statements to the senators some might not be as brain dead as the US President right now. the man really thinks any nation will take him serious when it comes to combating cyber crime where it’s not cared about if it doesn’t hurt the nation. Russia and Iran really don’t seem to care so we can really assume it’s going no where without other forms of support.

1 Like

Politics aside, I think the more people push for the accountability applying to VOIP companies and IP hosting firms. These are US-based entities that are well-aware of scams and choose to do nothing about it. Only regulation and legal action would put an end to it, so we should definitely pressure them more. If it were up to me, I would just ban all robocalls and ALL VOIP services. Look at the UAE: they banned all VOIP, and they are doing well. Another alternative is to only allow VOIP for US legal residents and US citizens in the US. No third parties, no foreign entities, only locals.

1 Like

yeah ill be all in

1 Like

I do believe that banning VoIP has it’s perks but not always, It stops scams and social engineering attacks but even then it wouldn’t stop someone from finding a new way.

The better way to combat scams would be to start blocking VoIP calls from India, China, Russia, Nigeria and what not. A Normal cell phone/landline call would be fine as there’s ways to track them with ease.

As for phishing pages I think we should begin blocking Unicode domains and other BS from being sent through emails.

I think some Email providers should start making checklists for when an Email is received as well: We have the tech to pull audio waves from a camera without sound recording by looking at the vibration on a puddle on the road there’s no reason why an email isn’t scanned before entering your inbox with “You won an $100 Amazon gift card” obvious this should be Marked as “possibly fake” but when I see an Unknown weird looking IP Address that has a domain attached to it with “you won a $9000 Visa Gift card” then obviously it’s fake. Google and Microsoft have the technology and income to make this possible.

We have the tech to block calls and block most spam emails but it’s not the point I’m making there’s better ways to combat call spoofing and attacks from phishing domains, Obvious google is aware that godaddy isn’t doing what it should so google should start monitoring any weird websites that come to people’s inboxes and I haven’t found out why HTTP.EvilClicker hasn’t been fixed by deploying code to combat it by checking if the cursor is where it should be.

There’s many ways the government and the corperate/opensource communities can fight scams. Either way it’s October 3rd so I’ll be making a cyber security video.

1 Like