Don't use your real phone numbers to scambait

Hey so is it okay to call from one of those burner/Go Phone cell phones? That don’t attach any of your personal information on them?

Or is there still a way they can track your information from it?

@BanterousSor#45695 what might one do if he happened to use their own number, like a genius…?

I called back a scammer messing with them and wasting their time. Well apparently they called me back and got my name and whatever they could Google off me. Any steps I can take?

Their still up and at it now. I called them months ago and now they are calling back saying they have my address and other info, months later. Weird?

Anyway, this is the number 18885364564 which I'll post to the other tread for people to use ;)

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Cheers

How about using Tor Browser to connect with FireRTC and then call those scammers as they won’t be able to track the host’s original IP address in FireRTC call logs.

Is it necessary to use a VPN or any other security with FireRTC?

Also - does anyone have a suggestion as the best way to give a temporary (but working) call back number?

Guys JESUS FIRERTC IS SAFE YOU DONT NEED TO USE A VPN

EVEN IF A SCAMMER GETS YOUR IP WHO CARES?

@CrazyMages#54801 With an IP you can find someone’s location and if they’re smart they can hack your computer.

@mangomonster#54845 approximate location, not exact. no, they can’t hack your computer from just having your IP address, there needs to be vulnerabilities on your system for them to even have a chance at getting access.

@BanterousSor#45695 Whenever I try to call scammers over FireRTC, it says “SIP Failure Code”

@ScamFighter26#54894 Sometimes the number is gone or maybe firertc blocked you. You may also need to change your number on firertc that is easy to do also.

@ScamFighter26#54894 sIP FAILURE means that something worng with your account / you need to do f5

If you indian please hold the vindocws keay and the leadtear F4 like romeanio

@BanterousSor#45695 - Correct, Never use your own numbers. These guys can even get around your caller ID block. Stay Safe All

@JoeT#55224 Yeah, and whenever I receive scam phone calls on my real phone, I would just use my scambaiting phone number and just say that I received a call but accidentally hung up. I don’t think that scammers actually check the record of what numbers they called (unless it is for the purpose of blocking phone numbers).

If I am calling from FireRTC do I need to use a VPN/Proxy?

@Rajeshi_Gardner I am using FireRTC but I wanted to call My Phone Support and that is not in the areas that you can call from FireRTC I was wondering if you knew any free non-google voips that could.

Much appreciated,

Bane

@ScammersBane#56488 You don’t have to use a vpn if you are using firertc just by itself, but you should use a vpn for general scambaiting.

@ScammersBane#56570 I recommend Textnow, but I was able to call myphonesupport using firertc. Try changing your caller id a couple of times and you should get through.

@Rajeshi_Gardner Thanks it still is not working, it says that “THe call you have attempted is unable connect either due to an error or an invalid caller area”

@ScammersBane#56661 Yeah I get that message a lot when I try calling myphonesupport using firertc. I did manage to get through by changing my caller id a few times. Try textnow it should work fine.

@Rajeshi_Gardner Thanks a bunch

@ScammersBane#56798 No problem