AT&T/Direct TV Scam is Back! 888-334-0737

Same thing as before. I got a few calls from them today, and they left voicemails about “special 50% off discount with AT&T/Direct TV”. I called them back and pressed “3” to get Indian scammers. They’re active as of 2:15 PM CST at 888-334-0737. You can also hit option “1” or “0” to have them answer.

2 Likes

@Hviezdoslav - give them a try. You used to like them a lot, as I recall in the past! They could be fun and quirky.

I pressed 3. “Sydney” answers, seems/sounds like a robot. I assume I’m meant to say I need customer service or something, after a short period she asks whether there is anyone there and if no one responds she says thanks for the time and hangs up. lol.

I pressed 1. Same thing.

Hm, interesting… I pressed “3” and immediately got an Indian guy who said “Hello”. I then asked if it was Direct TV, and he said “yes”.

I pressed 0. Same thing.

that’s weird af

1 Like

No kidding. Very weird. I got humans upon pressing “3” or “1”. Maybe, they know your number or something?

Not possible, number auto changed, app glitched, thinking my prev one had expired after a while of not using it. Lost call logs, texts + voicemails lol. Lost it all oh well.

1 Like

At 2:34 pm Central … I pressed 3 for Tech Support … (I am jumpin’ off from First Financial Bank phone number since now they are answering but not saying anything) … but I got a female automated voice with name Sydney asking what I need, so I said “Technical Support” but then she said to call 1 800 531 5000. I seem to remember in past threads how sometimes they give the REAL 1 800 531 5000 of Direct TV.

I called again and pressed 0, but again I got Sydney and she asked how she can help me and I said “I need technical support” but she said “I’m a real person” and eventually she said to call that REAL (800) number of Direct TV.

They must have been getting slammed with calls! :laughing:

2 Likes

Wow, they got spooked fast! Damn it, I was hoping to have you guys have some fun with them too! Oh well.

Yes, me too. Gave my fake number and fake passcode. Put on hold.

1 Like

Do you remember also in the past something about how sometimes a robo voice OR a real human tells the caller to call the REAL (800) 531 5000 phone number, @scamterminator2021?

Yeah, I think when they have been getting harassed and/or baited they change their phone system or whatever and it says to call the REAL Direct TV toll-free number. Yeah, they are skittish I guess. Maybe they took a break or they took their shift’s lunch or dinner break. They might start answerin’ again soon.

1 Like

Yes, I clearly remember that happening. You even called a few times before, and they’d connect you to a real Direct TV right after you already talked to them. They get scared easily or pissed off or something and then do it to mess with us.

At least this 888-334-0737 is not going to be scamming anybody! Who knows though, maybe they have other VOIP numbers to use until on those other numbers they start redirecting callers to the REAL Direct TV. Still, this number is not scamming anybody at present!

1 Like

She found my fake account and she asked what my bill was and I said 130. She said your bill is 130. How wonderful. Transferred me to an Indian guy who said the same thing and it would not be 65 bucks. But I have to pay six months in advance on my credit card. That is the scam.

1 Like

But I got thru and they tried to scam me so you just have to sit thru the entire robot thing. Be patient you and you will get a scammer. David Johnson and Clark Kent! Clark Kent for goodness sake!

2 Likes

@JusticeinTexas - great! Well, I am glad that you found a way to reach them. It’s interesting that they get spooked so easily, as I had no problems reaching them directly after just hitting “3” or “1”. Interesting scared scammers!

$600 bucks upfront.

1 Like

A scammer said his name is Clark Kent? These BOZOS are hilariously dumb!

On one of the calls where I got the robo female voice Sydney, she asked me for my four-digit AT&T code but I do not have one. I should have just said four random numbers.

Wow, there scam is rather nuanced. So they offer to have the caller pay six months in advance for a cheaper amount than if the caller paid each month in full.

I’ll try again and see if I can get a human being.

2 Likes