AT&T/Direct TV Scam is Back! 888-334-0737

Yes, Clark Kent. Each time you call the robot asks different thing. Now it is 8 months up front!

1 Like

Hey, I am working a new song for Friday. Asleep at the Wheel – House of Blue Lights. Damn thing is in three keys and very hard. Working on writing it and working it out now.

1 Like

Using rapid dial with BobRTC
Sydney bot seems well implemented

2 Likes

I got Sydney and I responded, “Make a payment” and then she asked for my four-digit code and I told her a random 4 digits (0423 if I remember correctly), and she asked me for my phone number and I gave her my TextNow number … Now I am listening to HOLD music and maybe I’ll get a human being on the line.

Sydney: How much do you pay monthly? I said, “$65” and she said “I see you pay $60 monthly.” Yeah, basically I can pay now for however many months but pay only $30 a month. I’m on hold again after the robotic female Sydney voice.

I got a human man! “Ryan Issaac” is his name. His pronunciation is not the greatest. I told him what Sydney said. He said he sees the same thing. He said NOW I need to pay $360 and for 12 months I will not get billed. I said, “Great.” He said, "I’ll give you the BILLING DEPT phone number and a Authorization Code. He put me on hold. He came back and he gave me the BILLING DEPT PHONE NUMBER (833) 207-5679 AND THE AUTHORIZATION CODE DTV530. He said if I pay $360.00 today I’ll not get billed for 12 months AND I’ll get two NEW CHANNELS #545 SHOWTIME and #558 Epics. He told me that they have a collaboration with EBAY and I need to go to a CVS store and put $360.00 on an EBAY card. He said CVS does NOT charge a service fee. (They do not want me to pay by credit card.) He said if I get the EBAY CARD with $360.00 and come home and call the BILLING DEPT to give them the Authorization Code and the EBAY CARD details before 8 PM Eastern, I’ll get the two Showtime and Epics channels. He said if I call the BILLING DEPT with EBAY CARD info and Authorization code within 2 hours, I’ll get some kind of other promotional stuff. He did NOT ask me my name or address.

So the EBAY GIFT card is what they want from me! I just used Google and it says that an EBAY GIFT card has 13-digits. Maybe I’ll call the BILLING DEPT and give them the Authorization Code DTV530 and give whoever answers a random 13 numbers. Wow, what a long and drawn out scam. The pronunciation of Douglas was difficult to understand.

2 Likes

They used to be a lot easier to deal with and get on the phone. Seems like they’re acting scared now.

Cool, @JusticeinTexas! Yet again you have turned me onto a new band. I’d not heard of Asleep at the Wheel. I see that it is an American Western swing group! I’m lookin’ forward to it!

I do not think that the Jazz song I wrote and sent to you is good enough to have your excellent bass work put to it, @JusticeinTexas! I remember you were thinking of writing some bass notes for it, but it is kind of a slow and boring Jazz song compared to the songs to which you write and record your bass notes!

What a long and drawn out scam this is. I’m gonna call the Billing Dept to see if I get a live human being or some kind of a robo system. I have the Authorization Code and I’ll try to use a random 13-digit code for the EBAY CARD.

Billing department number - barely 1 ring before call drops. Dead basically. Must’ve given the wrong number…or something. Doesn’t even show up in my call logs.

What the fuck? They took their own number when I gave it to “Sydney”. Gave passcode: 0422. Currently on hold. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

Guys, don’t tell those scammers we’re preparing a report. Let them get triggered.

1 Like

Firstly, I’d called 888-334-0737 from my Unknown Number VOIP and I went through robotic Sydney, and then I got the live man Douglas. I’d asked him if at CVS I can use my credit card to put the exact $360.00 on it because if there are EBAY CARDS with fixed denominations the total might not add up to exactly $360. He said, "No, you can use your credit card at CVS pharmacy store to put exactly $360.00 on an empty EBAY CARD. Douglas never asked my name or phone number and I had called from my VOIP phone number that I’d switched to show UNKNOWN NUMBER.

But just now I called BILLING DEPT PHONE NUMBER (833) 207-5679 from my TextNow number. I called it, and it is the same robo greeting as the original phone number 888-334-0737 that @scamterminator2021 posted when this thread was created. So I pressed 4 to MAKE CHANGES to my account. A live man named “Austin” came onto the phone and he barely had a foreign accent. It was much easier to understand him than it was to understand Douglas. He asked for my phone number and I gave him my TextNow number. He said he did not find anything in the system for the TextNow number I’d given him (again, I called and spoke to Sydney/Douglas from my UNKNOWN NUMBER VOIP). He asked if I got a TEXT MSG on the number I gave him (my TextNow number), and I said "No, Douglas just gave me this Billing Dept phone number, the Authorization Code, and told me to go get a $360.00 EBAY CARD. I gave him the Authorization Code DTV530 and said I have the EBAY CARD for $360.00, but he said it is NOT possible to put that amount $360.00 on an EBAY CARD. I told him that Douglas told me to do it and that CVS did it. I asked him if he wants the phone number and address of CVS where I got the card. Austin asked me what color the EBAY CARD is. I have NO idea what color an EBAY CARD is. So at this point I broke my “sincere victim” character/role and I lit into him, telling him that he and his colleague Douglas are NOT on the same page. He hung up.

@anon47227696, I did not say anything to Douglas on that one call or to Austin on the other Billing Dept call about any report.

Even if I had not told Austin about how I had on one EBAY CARD the $360.00, I would have had to give him random 13-digit numbers for the EBAY CARDS totaling $360.00 and I am guessing that he’d have known while still on the phone with me that they were not VALID EBAY CARD numbers with a total of $360.00 on them.

But that is the scam. Austin would have gotten valid EBAY CARDS totaling $360.00 from me, the “victim” of this scam.

1 Like

I reported them to AT&T. Also, this number is on the Intrado network. Intrado has been supplying numbers to many Indian scammers. They’re rising to become the new ONVOY. I reported the number to [email protected],
[email protected], [email protected]. Please do the same, if you could.

2 Likes

Thanks to you both, @scamterminator2021 and @anon47227696.

You know, I am surprised at their scam. It might work on an elderly Direct TV customer. But the vast majority of Direct TV customers would balk at paying Direct TV using an EBAY CARD I would think. Then again, people fell for both the I.R.S. and S.S.A scams which ask for payment in GIFT CARDS.

This scam seems to pay for multiple toll free (833) and (888) numbers, so it seems to me that this scam would not be very profitable as a result of a lack of Direct TV customers who believe that Direct TV would make people pay in EBAY CARDS. If they asked for a credit card payment on the phone call, more people I think would fall for the scam.

1 Like

@Hviezdoslav - you would be surprised… I’ve spoken with a person from the Office of the President at Direct TV about the scam. It was about one month ago. She confirmed to me that they were well aware of the scam and had their legal team on it. Apparently, it is a very prevalent and persistent group of scammers, and these scumbags have been doing it for many, many months. Direct TV attorneys just can’t quite get them. Please report this scam to “Joni Panell” at [email protected]. She is a person who’s documenting these scams and informing their legal team.

1 Like

Cool, I’ll send an email. What a bummer that the phone carrier Intrado is the NEW Onvoy! These despicable American phone carriers really chap my sorry scrawny ass!

2 Likes

My DREAM is seeing AT&T and Direct TV suing US-based TELECOM/VOIP filthy disgusting and disease-ridden obnoxious degenerates! Sadly, very few people even bother… I said it many times, and I will repeat myself again: “Were it not for the greed, inhumanity and indecency of VOIP providers like ONVOY or Intrado or Ring Central, there would have never even been robocalls or scams”.

1 Like

Yep, Intrado is not quite on the level of Onvoy yet, but they’re getting there. ONVOY is the ultimate “big daddy” of all scams. It’s akin to a magic mouthwatering Shamballa for Indian scammer monkeys that get honeydicked by Onvoy execs into this infinite ecstatic nirvana.

1 Like

I do remember with past Direct TV SCAM phone numbers being able to press 3 or 1 to get a LIVE human being. This particular thread’s scam though is a bit more complicated and lengthy. The criminals are always evolving, are always tweaking their scam.

2 Likes

Yes, and Intrado has been providing many numbers to 1-800 scammers as of late. I got them on car warranty scams too. Intrado sucks and they don’t respond to me reporting scams!

1 Like

My Authorization code DTV213 and phone 8339473767

1 Like

Very good. I will buzz them.