4 Likes

Amazon scam turned into SSA scam. Even “the marshal” got involved
Callback 409-206-3219
http://chirb.it/gN9trA

5 Likes

Carrier Alert! @scamterminator2021

2 Likes

2 Likes

(351) 361-1241 : I got a message that said the number is not in service.

3 Likes

Amazon scam morphs into SSA and fake U.S. marshal calls me back from 409-206-0106 "Bryan Robinson’ him a bastard.

http://chirb.it/bqwKgz

4 Likes

3 Likes

My wife is another statistic! She was recently scammed with a call from Amazon re: “…suspicious activity on an Apple product purchase of $1499 and to press 1 for the fraud dept”. She was connected to a DEA agent who later said he was a US Marshal! I will detail more of this later…I am brand new to Scammer info. The # she called back was 872-710-9134 that connected her to a “Stacy Johnson” and to clear her name transferred to DEA agent “Jacob Lee”, who later told me when I spoke to him, that he was a US Marshal, badge #87313. His phone # was 202-858-4230. He told my wife to put "Ryan Robinson " as the contact name for this phone #. Also, to facilitate a Bitcoin of America kiosk deposit, she was to call “Ryan Robinson” @ 407-710-9134 on how to make the kiosk deposit. This is also the number that she texted pics of all the Target gift cards and Apple gift cards to. When Ryan wasn’t available she spoke with a “Cassandra Lee” (or Kassandra spelled with a K). They’re all spoofed #'s, however, on the 202 number I was able to do a reverse number check. I have no idea if this is the person. It doesn’t seem possible. The initials are C.N.S., if someone looks it up. There was a failed attempt, thank God, at an international wire transfer to Hong Kong! We have all the receipts. I have no doubt that our $$$$$ are gone. However, if I can help other folks from being scammed AND possibly bust these scammers, I’m wiling to help out in some way. They told her she couldn’t tell anyone…it would mess up the investigation and the warrant for her would be executed and she would go to jail!! They just love Target Gift cards!! BTW…my wife of 37 years just turned 72 on July 13th…yesterday!! These folks have a copy of her DL and possibly her SSN. I’ll be on defense for the rest of our lives! Police report and FTC report done. I want her to do the .icx3 report. It appears that Scammer.info and everyone involved here are making a difference. I salute you all for what you’re doing. I want to help in some way.

3 Likes

I am sad to see this happen to your family. These scammers are in New Delhi/Noida/Gurgaon area. They speak Hindi and Punjabi

3 Likes

So sorry to hear! A birthday wish to her. I would get an Identity Theft Monitor and put a freeze on your credit just to be safe. These bastards.

2 Likes

202-858-4230 - I just talked to fake Kassandra and fake Treasury “Timothy Sharma” (who admitted his Indian ancestry)

http://chirb.it/ffftqM

3 Likes

drwat…I had my wife listen to your recording and she thinks it could be her voice!!! However, she’s not sure about ‘Sharma’. Question…when she sends the pics of the Target gift cards via text, they’re actually going to some place in India? Jacob Lee aka Sharma(?) called 4x this morning. I could have my wife call him back since I tested CUBE ACR on my phone and am going to install on her phone to record their conversation. Is it possible to forward or post it as you did? I need to start working off of my laptop and get off my Tab. Thank you drwat!!!

2 Likes

I’m attempting to reply to Jhawk in reference to the ‘Theft Monitor’.

1 Like

Thank you sir! A “Theft Monitor” like Lifelock? Or any recommendations?
Thank you

3 Likes

???..drwat…my last reply hasn’t been approved yet…but…I shared that I haven’t blocked any of the numbers yet bc I am still attempting to figure out what I can do to id the main communicator, “Jacob Lee”, at the 202 #, and the other folks at the 407 area code. My wife said that 3 of them sounded caucasian. Would they be ‘mules’? Thank you for your help! This has consumed my time almost completely, since I discovered this. I’m running on caffeine!!

1 Like

Thank you sir! A “Theft Monitor” like Lifelock? Or any recommendations?
Thank you

1 Like

Thank you sir! My wife must have been talking to their mules, here in the states(?), because 3 of the 4 of them sounded “caucasian”. The one time I spoke with the ‘Agent’, the 4th person and the primary communicator!, Jacob Lee’ at 202-858-4230, he sounded a little muffled, but, no Queen’s English. Any advice, suggestions, or recommendations would be greatly appreciated. BTW…I haven’t blocked his number yet. I’m trying to find a way to accurately id him and his location and scam him or something to bust him and his cohorts! He called my wife 4x this morning. She did not answer.

1 Like

Yes. You can post link to audio. I use chirbit.com to get the link. Free for limited use (2GB?)

I recognize accents. They are from Delhi/Gurgaon/Noida. Kassandra has Punjabi accent.

2 Likes

Hey Redfish! I’m sorry this has impacted your family and I commend you for taking action. Yes, they do go to India. Let me explain!

Today, not only can people make calls over phone lines, but there is a system called VoIP that lets them call over the internet. Many phone service providers who offer VoIP (Internet Phones) let you call by visiting a website on a web browser like Google Chrome or Firefox. These phone signals travel over the internet to the phone provider in the United States, who then sends the signal over phone lines to a regular phone, like your wife’s. Here they can talk to you while under the disguise of a real phone number.

It is free to create a phone number on many of these sites, meaning they can easily create a United States phone number, which is registered and located in the United States, and call you over the internet from India. Those VoIP (Internet Phones) can also receive text messages like a regular phone, so when you text them these photos, they easily receive them while being hidden by the internet.

Many of these internet phone providers that are susceptible to scams have departments that actively investigate and shut down these guys. Sadly, the scam business in India has been so successful due to a growing and vulnerable elderly population here in the U.S. As a result, thousands of these call centers and scammers exist, many of which corruptly pay off the local police to avoid prosecution. It is difficult to go after them and get your money back, but we may be able to shut down their current numbers. Sadly, they just create new ones.

My best advice is that reports are made, which we can help you with. However, these often go nowhere. Protecting yourself for the future is the best way to remain safe! Lifelock is a great resource as you mentioned if she shared any personal information with the scammers. You and your wife must also remain open with each other about calls you receive. If you have any suspicions or questions, contact us on this forum and we will be able to help you determine if the call is friend or faux.

Good luck!

2 Likes

Mules sometimes can be tracked. I recommend contacting local law enforcement. If the mules ask you to send money or gift cards, ask to do it via a wire transfer. This way you can access their bank account details and report it. While they may ask you to ship money to their address, they typically will rent houses for a few days to cover their tracks.

2 Likes