855-433-2886 | 18554332886 - Phone Scam Alert! - Nomorobo

(855) 433-2886 Xfinity

1 Like

Not sure. Punjabi female Navdeep and a Punjabi male answered as Xfinity. This might be genuine, outsourced service number.
Not very sure.

1 Like

Omg. They are India. Few confirmed with me and I raged. Hope they aren’t legit! I feel horrible.

2 Likes

They give Punjabi first names. If they are scammers than they have a large database of Comcast customers.

1 Like

I won’t mess with them again until it’s confirmed that it’s 100 percent scumbag scammers.

2 Likes

Considering I don’t talk to them, I just wait for them to answer and then I hang up. If you recorded your convo could you send me that.

1 Like

I forget how long ago it was posted

1 Like

they are in call center

1 Like

There are many authorized resellers/partners with numerous phone numbers. These numbers must be called and investigated to know for sure if it’s a scammer or a real company. Scammers have a special offer - typically discounted service with prepayment by gift card. Anything else, I put in the real company category. My litmus test is: no gift card request, not a scammer. Be careful with these. Just because they are in India does not make them scammers.

I called. In my opinion, this is not a scammer.

3 Likes

A guy with an Indian accent picked up and told me that they needed to connect me to the secured server… UltraViewer… Are you sure that this is not a scam?

1 Like

I’m not sure of anything regarding this number :slight_smile: I was basing my opinion on the fact that they didn’t try the usual prepay with gift cards approach.

1 Like

Yeah. I told them that I had problems with my landline phone, and, they asked for it’s number. I gave them a number that is not in service, and, they told me to connect to the secured server with ultraviewer. And again, I did not tell them that I had any problems with my Internet, so why would they want access to my computer?

1 Like

That was not me experience at all - and I called 3 times trying to bait them. Each time, if they couldn’t access a real account, they wished me a good day and thanked me for calling Xfinity. I tried to get a special offer, no such offer was extended. Seemed legit to me. IDK, judge for yourself. They didn’t try to scam me at all.

2 Likes

I don’t know. Why would Xfinity - an American ISP, televison, cell and landline provider put Indians to pick up the phone? I would get it if it was an Indian ISP, but why would Xfinity do that? Seems kind of odd.
And yes the people there did admit that they were Indian - many scammers do admit that they are Indian because then the victim will get sus because of their accent.

1 Like

Not odd at all. Many companies have legit call centers in India - even Google.

If you listen to that “robocall”, it isn’t a robocall at all. It’s a recording of a live agent asking for a customer by name.

2 Likes

I’ve never really called Google and got an Indian guy on the phone - Google even has different campaigns according to where you live - if you call from Britain, a British guy will pick up. If you call from the us, a us guy will pick up.

Do you have evidence of this?

I have the UltraViewer ID saved yes

1 Like

That isn’t proof it belongs to them, it could be anyone’s UltraViewer ID.

Same goes for the recording. I could just do a voiceover with any other scammer’s voice and say that it’s them.