855-224-4287 and 626-691-5497 - Multiple Scams

Scam Number: 855-224-4287
Scammer’s Website or Email: None
Additional information about this scam: This one is interesting. They robocalled me in violation of TCPA and TSR. When I called them back from different telephone numbers, they had two different scams going on. First, they were “50% off specials for AT&T and Direct TV”. When I called back from a different number, it was “You won a $100 gift card from Walmart” scam.

@Jhawk @MajorLeeAwesome @OfclyGoodenough @Tillianne @Hviezdoslav @CatMan @MehNamesJeff @drwat - have fun! They have a long history of scamming, proof is below:

Keep getting calls about student loan forgiveness : StudentLoans (reddit.com)

855-224-4287 / 8552244287 (800notes.com)

5 Likes

Standard leadgen or retail rebate voucher
There are many which behave exactly the same way, the fist call is always a gift card, the second is a leadgen

they are on hundreds of thousands of numbers all over the numbering plan

3 Likes

By the way, this telephone number is on the network of Ytel located in California. Lots of red flags with them:

1. This number has been operational since 2018 despite scamming.
  2. All their positive reviews on Google are written by Indians and Pakistani, which I find very peculiar, to say the least.
  3. Ytel previously received warning notices from FTC for turning a blind eye to scamming on their network: Ytel Inc Warning Letter.pdf (ftc.gov)
3 Likes

YTel line, got retail rebate vouchers, medical alert center and quotes on auto and life insurance.

2 Likes

Yes, and I also got them answering as “Direct TV specials”. They are not Direct TV and are scamming with this known “give us gift cards to get 50% off” scam.

1 Like

When I qualified for the “retail rebate voucher,” I was redirected to a Pakistani call center playing the Scammistani National Anthem.

2 Likes

Not surprised. Needless to say, all such calls are illegal without express prior written consent.

1 Like

As I said…they’re on thousands of numbers everywhere exactly the same menu, connecting to the same networks of call centers

3 Likes

@MehNamesJeff, we could probably use another email.

2 Likes

I think it’s Sansom Consulting of Pakistan once again, based on their hold music and menu selections. @OfclyGoodenough

3 Likes

First number I picked at random from my database
It was a fake pharmacy/diabetes scam a couple of years ago

2 Likes

Onvoy line, instant hang.

2 Likes

1 Like

Then the next call

I do pick up a thing or two after dialing a minimum of ten thousand calls a day

2 Likes

I’ve also checked their LinkedIn profile and found that several of their employees operate from Canada, Turkey and India.

2 Likes

Same again
scammy leadgen/retail rebate voucher on a fresh caller ID

The chances of these being spoofed caller ID’s by the actual robocaller is extremely high

3 Likes

This is Overlord, strafing run request granted.

It’ll take a little bit of reasonable time, but I’ll get the resources working on it ASAP.

Overlord over and out

3 Likes

Did you manage to find their executive team’s emails, by any chance? I was only able to find out that their CEO is Nicklas/Nick Newsom. However, I could not find his email. I assume it is either: [email protected] or [email protected]

2 Likes

855-224-4287 is still active and scamming.

@OfclyGoodenough @Jhawk @Tillianne @drwat @CatMan @Hviezdoslav @MajorLeeAwesome

6 Likes

Odd. I get a 2-ring hang on my Google Voice line. From my TextNow number I got:

1, Retail Rebate Voucher
2, Medical Alert Center
3, Pick-a-Scam
4, $20 Visa card from Auto Repair Division
5, Medicare (en Espanol)
6, Life insurance
7, Life insurance
8, Life insurance
9, Life insurance
10, Life insurance

Callback number: (551) 305-3836 (Twilo, Travel scam from pick-a-scam)

4 Likes