YouTube spammers

What’s with the vom.fyi and how did it originate? There was a bot comment YouTube automatically removed the second it got there in one of my videos.

From what I’ve seen, the comments come from mass-developed bots designed to look like human users, designed to lure victims into a fake dating platform.

I’m gonna use vur.fyi for this example, to show you what I mean.

First off, the domain was registered in the Russian Federation via Registrar.eu on May 21, 2021 (updated May 26, 2021) - Whois vur.fyi

Then, when you go to the link, it will redirect you to a random popup promising “sex tonight in your area.”

This popup was registered via NameSilo on March 10, 2021 (updated August 24, 2021) - Whois best-datinghotties2.com

These popups are usually questionnaires that ask you stuff like:

• Are you older than 18 years?
  • Do you agree to keep the identity of these women a secret?
  • Do you agree to their request of quick sex?
  • Do you agree to use a condom when having sex with a partner you meet on our site?

Regardless of if you answer yes or no to any of these questions, you will be redirected to another, similar popup. Only this time, you are registering an account for the related platform.

This popup was registered via NameCheap on July 31, 2021 - Whois fckme8.com

Users will generally be asked for:

• their gender
  • sexual identity
  • ideal age of partner (18-99)
  • their age
  • a password (6-16 characters, must contain letters and numbers)
  • their email address

But upon registering for the account, users are redirected to the ACTUAL dating platform they signed up for. In this case, I was redirected to Insta-Sex.

The domain for this platform was registered via Name.com on March 10, 2021 (updated June 1, 2021) - Whois insta-sex.com

It’s pretty much an endless cycle, usually to steal your personal information.

1 Like

This is good for us as we can get on a scam list