Wizard Server / watch general (Discord QR code scam)

Invite I got:

Inside the server:

Domain Used: Discord

Extra Info: I had a (likely hacked) friend send me a message stating “watch general” with an invite to this server. When I entered, it asked me to “verify” by scanning a QR code. I knew immediately that it appears to be a version of a known scam that lets people take over your Discord account by tricking them into scanning a verification QR code (you can see other examples on this forum by searching “Discord QR code” or similar). The server has over 800+ members currently (!!!). I have reported it to Discord.

Over 900 people now. Some information about the bot sending the QR codes:
ID: 1007006829903085708
Created Wed, 10 Aug 2022 19:25:37 UTC
this bot was created yesterday, and already claims to be in a 100 guilds

I searched for where the QR code you posted leads to: https://discordapp.com/ra/bzqLyPWK5W-GmCFsMXEts8csZ4cLpgi6WJCO8sK_Vxg DON’T CLICK THAT UNLESS U KNOW WHAT YOU’RE DOING

Another noticeable thing is that no one in the server has any roles, unusual for a verification process. This single handily proves that it’s total bs, lol.

As well as reporting the bot and server, I’d suggest getting the person who sent you the invite sorted out, whether that be a report or getting their account back.

1 Like

Did all of that; notified the person where I know them off Discord and reported it to Discord, with IDs and all.

Brill! Hopefully some action gets taken, and people won’t lose their accounts.