What do I do with a scammers Facebook or Instagram?

He accidentally sent me his password now I own his Facebook and Instagram any suggestions? The scammer that I just posted about: Nigerian scammer WhatsApp: +234 802 353 0216

2 Likes

Facebook & Instagram don’t do shit. Facebook is a known crime heaven. They contribute to 50% of cyber stalking alone. So, The best you can do is report any ‘illegal activity’ & hope for the best. They’ll make a new account more than likely although Facebook can block alts.

4 Likes

I did get all his contact information from Instagram.

2 Likes

I report scammers on Facebook and Instagram at least a dozen a week. They have never done anything, ever, even one time! Even when I had a scammer threatening my life, in direct messages, they did absolutely nothing. It’s frustrating as hell.

1 Like

What happens when access a scammers Google account?

nothing. at best, when reported, they loose their google account. Google accounts are really easy to make alts of, so it really won’t take much of their time at all to make a new one

2 Likes

I know this from experience, my neighbours Facebook was hacked and hijacked, and I created him a new one , and reported the hacker. Instead of deleting the account the hacker stole, they deleted the new account that I set up for him. I had to re-create his new account like 3 or 4 times.

If you want to do some damage to his ability to scam maybe just post on his facebook “I AM A SCAMMER DO NOT SEND ME ANY MONEY, UNFRIEND ME NOW!!!” over and over or something… I dunno.

3 Likes

The weird and Scary part is - they often ban your acct for reporting Scammers etc . and maybe Use your account for their Own nefarious/shady purposes :question:

You can’t even make this up. I had a scammer contact me, try to hack my account, I reported them, Instagram did nothing. They got a new account, send me a private message tell me they were going to get me. I replied F you and if your mother come get me. They reported me, and I couldn’t post for a week. Go figure

1 Like

Holy sht I never had that happen yet… I report scammer YouTube ads, I wonder if that’s partly why I am shadowbanned. That and my big mouth and unlikeable opinions I guess.

Ouch that hurts… I was telling my neigbour that it would be possible the hacker reported him and Facebook believes the hacker but luckily that never happened.

2 Likes