Vacation scam network

@Dee#172810

I am sorry to hear that. Don’t be too hard on yourself as learning always comes with a cost. On the plus side you didn’t send them a copy of your license which would only make the situation worse. That part really concerns me as it gives them far more compromising information such as DOB and your drivers license id.

I hope things go well but I am somewhat lost in what makes these cases so strong the credit card companies push back so hard. Seems to be a common theme when people realize they were mislead.

Unfortunately, I think we will ever be able to stop them but, I do at least think we can cut into their bottom line by making information easily searchable concerning their practices.

I filed reports with every organization possible I can think of including FTC, FBI, Attorney General, etc. I even emailed their domain host. The problem is they are located in Cancun Mexico and so it’s hard to stop them. They were very professional and sounded like a real company. If it wasn’t for the online reports and them not sending any proof of purchase, I would have never known it was all a scam.

Latest registered, 2020-12-21

Resort Beach Vacations, resortbeachvacations.com, 855 732 4561

Latest registered is Your Beach Vacations, yourbeachvacations.net. 2020-12-26

Have not yet found a number yet. If anyone who comes across this can leave the phone number it would be appreciated.

They’re calling me from (916) 438-9980. They have a full, very legit looking site at https://resortbeachvacations.com/

How do we get these people to stop calling?

@FallinNcalln#178514 so I just fell for this scam, I was at the beach, having cocktails and they sold it so good!!! I have been searching high and low for any information. the “verification legal officer” refuses to refund me because I don’t have a valid reason? Im not sure what exactly they are looking for. my credit card company said I have to wait 10 days and try to resolve before they step in. any pointers would be great.

do we know how do get out of one of these? the last think I want is to pay $1300 for nothing.

@vanessa12177#182819

I would highly recommend looking at the Tugbbs forums and looking into the Mexico Timesharing section. They are very knowledgeable and will likely direct you to Profeco, a consumer protection government branch, with some additional information. Good Luck!

@FallinNcalln#158935 Sad to said they got me under this domain! I am so disappointed our authorities do little in regard to these scams. If you can find all this info and they are registering all these domains, phone numbers, etc. How is it that nothing has been done? They are making a lot of money, just from me, it was $2100. The worse part, I noticed it was a scam right after I gave them my CC info and they called me back so I could authorize the charges in Mexican pesos, I called AMEX to stop the charges and don’t release the money and they did nothing because I gave my CC over the phone, really frustrating. It happened last October, the transaction happened on 10/04 and Amex release the funds on the 6th. There is a loophole these scammers had figured out and they are making big banks. I am planning on getting this issue in the local news, any suggestions?

@FallinNcalln#183048 mine is not a timeshare though. its a al inclusive resort package :confused: I feel for the “yourbeachvacations.net” one. im currently trying to dispute it with discover. its supposed to be a 6day 5 night all inclusive resort stay with a bonus 8 day cruise and addtional resort or cruise.

@iraima26#183078 were you able to get your money back? I used my discover card and currently disputing it. I’m just so scared!

@Raoden#167371 This is the same message I got, except mine was from "your beach vacations. Was your mother able to get refunded? if so was it hard? Im currently trying to dispute my charge. Any help would be appreciated.

@FallinNcalln#178514 I have 1-888-885-5189, and 1-888-874-7820 ext: 2007 for “Charly Medina” the verification legal officer, as well as email [email protected](the email that was corresponding to me via text) then the email with my “travel voucher” [email protected]

I got one today. Fortunately I’ve been in the Information Security industry for 20+ so I suspected them right away. I pick up and the automated msg tells me that Marriott hotels has selected me for a 6 day, 5 night stay at an all-inclusive resort. I wanted to play along so I hit “1” to talk to a representative. Sure enough, the vacation would be a “discounted” price of $1199 for me and a buddy, but I only had to pay $199 now and had 2.5 years to use it. I then asked them if they had a website I could look at to see the selections. I was given www.beachfrontvacations.com. Guess what? Nothing there, I get an error that the site cannot be reached. When I do a check on lookup.icann.org, I was surprised to find it IS registered. However, I noticed it has the “clientRenewProhibited” flag on it. When I look that up, it says “This status code tells your domain’s registry to reject requests to renew your domain. It is an uncommon status that is usually enacted during legal disputes or when your domain is subject to deletion.” In short, a lot of people have already complained. To add to it, I was able confirm registered by the same guy and city in MX that was listed up in message 7 of this thread. I then told them I had to return a call, and when they called me back the number on my Truecaller shows 866-836-7889. I’m debating on calling it just to mess with them more. I’m used to the IRS, Amazon refund and tech support refund scams (I love having them try and remote connect and think they can do something), but this vacation one is a new one to me. Stay safe out there guys! Like they said in the X-Files, ‘Trust No One’.

WHat do you think I should do if ive already bought the vacation? Follow through with it?