Ushadvisors.com Insurance SMS

I’m not sure if this is spam, a scam, or neither.

I got a SMS out of the blue that said “Hi, , this is Taylor with UHC. New Private PPO health plans are available… yada yada” See picture.

So I told Taylor (turned out to be Taylre…) to email me and she did:

It’s interesting because they had my name and number so it wasn’t random.

And what do they mean when they say US Health Group is a United Healthcare company? Are they an actual subsidiary? Years ago I had UHC coverage, so perhaps they have some small print saying they can SMS us if they want? I will revoke permission now of course.

How would you go forward on this. Seems like a TCPA violation doesn’t it?

(Here is Taylre’s page USHEALTH Group | Family and Individual Health Coverage)

1 Like

Are you on the Federal DNC list? If yes, then definitely a TCPA violation if I’m not mistaken.

Referring to my post - found here: "united healthcare marketplace" | health enrollment centre - Similar Incident, claiming to be associated with or impersonating a legitimate company. Usually it’s a legit company on it’s own two feet, just clearly shady for example. You can definitely report them etc as you can see this as unwanted and unsolicited communication. Although you did ask for an email, which I do - That’s perfectly fine as it can in fact be used against them as you have a real direct contact aka the email address that states their full name and who they claim to be with. In turn, it allows you to find the specific company responsible so then you can report not just the company as a whole, but the specific “agents” involved.

What you need to do is like what I’ve done in my own post, explain your on the dnc and tell them this is unwanted communication. Tell them that you’d be in fact now reporting them directly whilst holding the company themselves accountable in the meantime for contacting you without your prior written consent. You can also report them in any of the links including in my post, if applicable.

If you’d also like, I can do this for you on your own behalf. To be fair, I quite enjoy writing emails and bugging the hell out of annoying companies like these sore losers whilst holding them accountable, so hopefully they can learn not to try shit like this. They shouldn’t be doing things like this in the first place of course, let alone thinking they can get away with things like this. Thinking about the millions of poor americans hassled by those types.

1 Like

Here’s what I could find SO FAR: @barryspar

from just this link > USHEALTH Group | Family and Individual Health Coverage

https://www.bbb.org/us/tx/ft-worth/profile/accident-insurance/freedom-life-insurance-company-of-america-0825-97111406
https://www.bbb.org/us/tx/fort-worth/profile/insurance-companies/national-foundation-life-insurance-company-0825-84020011
https://www.bbb.org/us/tx/ft-worth/profile/insurance-companies/enterprise-life-insurance-company-0825-89080033

All of them not Accredited by the BBB with the same address, all of them below 2 starts with at least 1,000 complaints dealt with in the last 3 years and just under 1,000 in the past year alone.

The alleged “accredited” versions with the same exact review average, complaints closed in the last 3 years and complaints closed within the last year ETC automatically redirect you to: United Healthcare of Louisiana | Better Business Bureau® Profile , United HealthCare of Tennessee, Inc. | Better Business Bureau® Profile OR UnitedHealthcare Nevada Market | Better Business Bureau® Profile