Used grabify on a scammer

The people that are trying to run the Elon Musk grant, have clicked my grabify link and I found out they are in Nigeria. I really did not expect to see that happen.

2 Likes

Welcome to the party!

Grabify is such a great tool. Nice catch.

This is a vast oversimplification, but it seems that the majority of email/written scams come from Nigeria while the majority of phone scams come from India. That said, I’m just getting back into this hobby after a years-long hiatus. Back then, it was mostly Nigeria, with some sprinklings of Ghana or Togo for flavor. Kinda fun to see all that’s changed.

1 Like

I have just started this hobby. I got another to click my link and still trying to see if I created some bank account yet. I don’t get that.

1 Like

Welcome to the community, @randomnessadv!

1 Like

Scammers want you to create bank accounts that they will try to take over and use it to launder money through and it will be in the victim’s name. This cuts them out of being caught and leaves the victim holding the bag if the account gets seized for fraud.

1 Like

That is crazy.

I also use grabify for Indian SSA scammers. Frequently they ask my ID. I “oblige” them with a grabify link.

1 Like

Welcome aboard😄

How’d you get an SSA number? Haven’t seen one in a while

1 Like

Around 10AM eastern time, get spoofed call in BobRTC “Moshpit” just 1-2 calls

all the ssa # on bob are text now and NEVER answer

1 Like