Unknown Spam SMS

(Notice) these numbers are obviously spam because they said the same confusing thing and also both had google voice numbers.

today I got a message by someone named “Mary” asking for someone named “Grace” kinda baiting me into replying,
and when I did she said:
"I just checked the number. I accidentally entered Grace’s number incorrectly. I’m very sorry to disturb you. I hope you don’t mind."

she then asked where I was from and asked if she could get me a coffee or steak as an apology, I told her that she didn’t need to apologize and that it was okay.

hours later I got another text from someone named “Lisa” saying this:
"Is that Dr. Joseph from the Harbour Animal Clinic? My dog Rocky is sick and I’m worried, I’m Lisa, please reply to the message, thank youa"

the "please reply to the message" is kinda strange, I told her that I didn’t work at a clinic and that she had the wrong number, and she said:
"I’m sorry, I think my friend gave me the wrong number hope it didn’t disturb your life,"

I checked both numbers because I thought they said the same similar thing, they both somehow got me to reply and then was really apologetic about “disturbing” me, turns out that they are both google voice numbers, I called from a voip and they wouldn’t answer any calls.

Idk if this is some new type of scam that I’ve never seen before or what, but it’s really weird

here are both numbers(Don’t worry I’m allowed to attach it because it’s spam):
"Mary" ‪(424) 274-1387‬
"Lisa" ‪(505) 427-3385‬

1 Like

I’ve been getting a lot of these lately. I don’t get the point of them. I wasn’t sure if I should label it “spam” or “scam”. The other day someone kept sending a generic text about a plane ticket I needed to book to see their uncle’s presentation. Part of me wants to engage but I’m worried about what they’re doing.