Treasury Dept.

First post…

Lady with European accent left a message on my analog phone/answering machine saying the Treasury Dept has named me for IRS fraud. Repeated words like judge and prison. However none of my private information or even my name was used in the message.

Anyways this is the number they told me to call:

240 256 6714

Robocall:
"Has been executed by the U.S. treasury in regarding tax fraud against your name ignoring this will be an intentional attempt to avoid initial appearance before the magistrate judge or exempt and jury for a federal criminal offense so before this mater goes to Federal claims court house so before you get arrested kindly call us back on our department number as soon as possible it's 240-256-6714. I repeat it 240-256-6714 from you soon before the charges pressed against you thank you."

Update: after googleing the number it looks like this campaign started recently.

https://www.callerreport.com/2402566714

number is not in service

Most likely because you brought back a 1 month old thread. @overloadog#8564

I guess he is just checking, but @Thunder, Do we delete threads if the number is out of service because the number can be reused for legitimate companies.

@Jnteamed#8575 No. The number may come back online. If you do find it to be used by a legitimate service then please do tell an Administrator.