This is why the system won't have our voice heard

Please take a look at this article. It describes the story of a scam call that started as a robo call. The scammer called himself “Pat” and he pretended to be from Prudential. The author of the article, Ali Hussain, said he recorded the calls. When he confronted the scammer, the scammer swore at him. To summarize the title’s article, Hussain reported this scammer to the police. Now the scammer is back to stealing from people. We have a corrupt system and we must fight for justice. It would do us a favor if you contacted your news stations and let them know about us. Tell them to tell their viewers that we are scammer.info and about what we do. This will expose the dirty work of scammers and our rightful cause will go viral.

2 Likes

This is a good read but I’m not paying 3 GBP for it… But I’ll get into some contacts within the US. I’m good friends with Massive Detroit names and publications who’ve helped bring up some pretty large artists, Who Can spread the word to the globe. My Reach is about 5M if Not more.

1 Like

Thanks for reading this and for helping spread the word. Also, I just needed you to read the summary of the article, not the full article, so no need to worry. Obviously I wouldn’t bother paying for a subscription to The Sunday Times either :joy:

Who pays to read the news? I Was trying to read some american post about Technology article that was describing some sort of ban or demonetization and was blocked from reading the rather ironic topic/story. It Had to do with something involving money and tech but the article behind a paywall was an insult to the story itself.

1 Like

https://www.wcvb.com/amp/article/contact-us/3618504

My local news station is WCVB 5. They provide a variety of ways to contact them.

Hi Folks!

I’d guess at why we won’t have our voices heard is because really we’re not “supposed” to do what we do. The advice from police/action fraud etc is not to communicate with scammers at all.

That’s not to say that scambaiters don’t provide a much needed service, on the contrary I think it’s essential and necessary. We help not only raise awareness about current active scams, but we also occupy the time of scammers (even if we’re not technical people!) so that they never know if they’re actually scamming a vulnerable person or dealing with one of us.

A YouTuber I watch (Atomic Shrimp) regularly does videos on 419/advanced fee email scams and he says that anyone can be vulnerable to a scam, they’re not all as laughably bad as the ones he demonstrates, and I tend to agree. It just takes the right set of circumstances and we can all be “caught off guard” or have current events interfere with our judgement just enough for a scam to seem plausible.

I wish I knew how to help promote our communities more, other than telling people about it, I don’t really have any connections in media for this sort of thing, but given how it’s a fun “hobby” for a lot of people, I think it’s only going to grow as more people join and make it less profitable for scams!

I don’t scambait directly much myself, but I make the VMs for my partner. He’s way more convincing than I am on the telephone but isn’t as good at the technology side of things… so I guess we make a good team? :slight_smile:

2 Likes