This is regarding the loading your malware into scammers' computers

I get this is illegal. I DO NOT CONDONE this. Unless you know what you’re doing, then go ahead.
We can say RIP to good ol’ TeamViewer, and macro droppers. Those are useless, since, A, no scammer is using TeamViewer anymore(at least in my experience), and B, Microsoft has disabled macros completely for the files that are flagged “From the Web.” We can make them work. By use of zip-files and iso’s, we can drop in our macro document onto the scammers’ PC. And it will download the file, and execute it, with certain exceptions. Also make sure, that the zips with the macro are password-protected. Two-layer zip is enough. One layer with the password, and one with the macro itself. That’s how crackers share cracked software to bypass AV protection. This is complicated, but the measures to make it work will pay off. Try it at your own risk. Thanks for reading. Happy hunting and stay safe.

4 Likes

And why would you go ahead and tell people this? Not everyone needs access to a scammers computer. This stuff should be kept private.

1 Like

In almost every scambait I’ve run in the last couple of weeks when they connect to my VM, after trying ultraviewer and secure code (they won’t run on my Linux emulation of Windows) they fall back on Anydesk and then Teamviewer, so it’s still in wide use. Frankly, unless the purpose is to collect information to give to law enforcement, I see no reason to even want to get into their computers. Sure, you can delete files, but I’m sure they have backups. I think doing stuff that’s illegal is not a good idea and could bring disrepute on the scambaiting community. Just my two cents. In any case for their scam to work, the victim MUST give them access to their computer, so the best strategy to stop scamming I believe, is an educational one.

The law enforcement one. I don’t know. Stealing peoples goods for the sake of your own is nothing new. It was there since forever. But, morally, it’s bad to steal.

I will never complain about Microsoft or anyone else patching a zero-day; Even if it was a tool used to take down scammers… Our super-stars are always smarter than the scammers superstars, so they will always lose if we all have the same tools in our belts…

1 Like

Macros have been in use, since Office 97. This is old. It’s not 0-day, like Follina was. Otherwise, I get the gist.

1 Like

And why would you need access to scammer’s PCs? Why shouldn’t other people do the same illegal thing that you always advise people not to do?

1 Like

screw 'em, fight fire with fire - they’re more than happy to take someone’s last cent, take them down by any means necessary

Thank you for the message.

1 Like

I never said I need access. Scammers have sensitive information information you don’t want to fall in the wrong hands.

Yeah but you do gain access to scammers computers. So why would it fall in the wrong hands if other baiters do that as well?

Because they have victim info and not everyone will report the scammer or save victims correctly, that can be bad to. People I work with know of another scambaiter stealing giftcards and laundering it for Bitcoin. No names but someone with his info went to the police while not confirmed we were believe they did.

So do you think that if scammers had it it would be better?

They’re gonna have it anyways, what’s the point if someone else bad has it or someone who doesn’t know what their doing. It won’t do much either way so it’s pretty much the same outcome as before.

Yeah exactly. So why would it be bad if someone else had it if not much would happen?

Because it doesn’t help the victims meaning the victims are still in a bad place spot.

So, it would be the same if somebody didn’t have access to the scammers computer. Meaning that it cannot get any worse, it can only get better.

That’s not my point. My point is not everyone should access to a scammers computer. If we’re going off the law to then no worries one should but people still will cough but yeah a scammers computer has a lot of valuable information for bad actors.

Almost all baiters know that it’s illegal. Even this topic says that it’s illegal at the very top

I never said they didn’t.