The UK TextNow Sign-up experience (with a US VPN)

This is the true UK textnow signup experience. Us brits need something that doesn’t require workarounds (apart from talkatone or globphone)

1 Like

For real smh! Talkatone is just shite now tbf.
I had to get someone in the states to create me an account, can’t even CHANGE numbers without detection.

1 Like

It’s still a shame that the US gets it easy all the time (no hate to the US, but it’s true), while anyone outside of the “textnow zone” have to either use talkatone or a VoIP mobile app, which I don’t like because I have to use an android emulator and stuff, or to get a SIP trunk and softphone (got that setup also).

I’m still going to hang on to my textnow number while I can, since it was probably easier to make a textnow account with a vpn when I made it. I’ll also stick with Talkatone and my SIP provider (Telnyx).

1 Like

Seeing as you have a SoftPhone/SIP trunk setup.

I’m looking to use MicroSIP. Are there any free decent SIP trunks? Or no? Is Telnyx one? Struggling to actually find one.

I’m curious about SIP trunks, as well. I suspect all of them are going to cost something, I’m just looking for the best value for money. Though if a free one exists, I’ll take it.
Also need a good softphone app for my Mac, but I know most people here use windows, so I may be on my own for that. Still, throwing that out there anyway. :slight_smile:
Thanks in advance!

1 Like

Telnyx is a good cheap one, I really only set it up today so I barely have any experience with it.

1 Like

If anyone needs help making a TextNow account in the UK, just contact me I guess.

1 Like