The future of FTScanners

There are a few decisions to make moving forward from the ban of the scanners server. First I will note that people’s ability to get numbers should not be impacted for now, as the numbers are still on this website. As for the decisions, there are many. I am strongly considering cutting back access to the people it was originally intended for. The more people that joined the scanner server, the worse it got, so I think the elitist vote in model works best, but I am open to the possibility that I am entirely wrong. A more refined version of the reservation system may be best, so that the numbers will be published when an FT member is not there to take them. As for the platform, a change is desperately needed. I am considering restarting FT from scratch. I’m imagining we would need a new self hosted chat platform cuz our old one sucks (@accounterror had some good suggestions), centralized c2s, and more scanners. And lots of fresh blood. Then again, im pretty close to just giving up the gun. Someone else will take up the reigns and do what I did a hundred times better. I don’t really have the answers. Please let me know if I should restart ft from scratch with (mostly) new blood and cut back access on the scanners, pick up where we left off on another platform, or just let the new kids replace me. If you couldn’t tell I really have no idea what to do. Please sound off with any advice or opinions you have.

4 Likes

Self hosted platform and be picky who gets in, please don’t give up, I’m happy to chip in a bit of $ if needed.

4 Likes

Update on the popup scanner: i have repaired the system and it should be back online

3 Likes

Personally, I just get the numbers from this website, so as long as they’re still here I’m fine with that. Having a different solution for those who don’t want to get the numbers here though is a good idea. I just have no idea what that would look like. Wishin you all the best, and am always happy to be a sounding board if needed.

1 Like

Thankyou

1 Like

FTScanners is back, now on guilded.
Public:

Private (application required):

1 Like