“Textnow is not available in your area”

Hi,
I’ve been using Textnow for quite a while now, and suddenly the Textnow app says that Textnow is not available in my area. If I try to sign up from a computer, it asks me to “press and hold” a button to complete a captcha, but it does not work. I press and hold the button, and then it says “Please try again”. I’ve tried pressing and holding that button multiple times, and it says the same thing over and over again: “Please try again later.

Now, when I try to sign up from a mobile device, it says “Textnow is not available in your area”. Is there any way that I can bypass that?
Thanks!

1 Like

Is it possible that your email is the thing causing the issue? I can imagine them blocking temporary mail sites to prevent spam/fraud or whatever

1 Like

Yeah, I’ve tried using real Gmail accounts too, but it says the same thing.

1 Like

Same for me, I could not get this service to get a phone number. But Scammers use these like candies.

Which side are these companies? :open_mouth:

5 Likes

Get someone in the states to create one for you, then log in normally (no vpn or anything what so ever though) that’s how I have an account - so far it still works! Other than that, I also have TALKATONE as a backup.

1 Like

I wonder if it works with an American Sim chip in the cell phone

1 Like

Try using a VPN and see if that makes a difference.

1 Like

Did you not see, for instance, my comment? They hold a STRICT NO-VPN Policy. It also doesn’t work in general, but if you already maintain an account - and then start using a vpn they are very quick to catch that and ban your account.

1 Like

Try it using a different browser. For me, some sites don’t load or function properly with one of my certain open-source browsers, but when using a chromium based one it does.

As @MehNamesJeff has mentioned, DO NOT USE A VPN! I split tunnel mine from TN.

1 Like

I’m from Germany, I also cannot get a TextNow account.

I’m using the TextMe app. Buying an US number costs 99 Cents for the first week, it’s a special offer at the moment. Then I canceled the subscription, so I don’t have to pay 5€ per week later. Now I’m having a US number for a week. Works good.