TextNow does not support scambaiters

Had my TextNow suspended again. Apparently they don’t support us scambaiters?

2 Likes

Without knowing the grounds for your account’s “suspension”, I don’t think denouncing them is correct. I’ve had many accounts with them over the past few years and never received any suspensions. For your account to have gotten suspended, you must have gone against something. I highly doubt they hand out infractions willy-nilly.

If you can enlighten us with why you think your account got suspended, maybe people will think again about using them in the future. However, without enlightenment, your title’s wording appears incorrect and “clickbaity”, in my personal opinion.

2 Likes

Baiters are free to report TextNow scammers. The numbers usually get taken down.

The flip side is scammers can do the same thing to anyone else using TextNow. I’ve had that happen a few times, always with a fairly fresh number and a lot of outgoing calls to scammers. Just make a new one

2 Likes

Yep! I have had my text now & my second number suspended for “violating the terms of service” a few times. Scammers report us too. Undaunted, I simply use a different email and get a new number.
It’s a cat and mouse game sometimes.

2 Likes

I sometimes have issues with them while creating the account. If you use a VPN while selecting a number, they will issue a TOS suspension.

Nothing is stopping you from setting up your own Asterisk/FreePBX server, signing up for a SIP trunking provider, & running this type of a service yourself. Honestly, it gives you infinite more flexibility.