Tech Support Scam STILL ACTIVE

@ScamArrest#46664 I have visited Delhi about 8-10 times.

Very corrupt city. Nothing gets done w/o bribe. But still you did the right thing.

@drwat#47317 Spamming them with voice scripts. All my calls get answered so it looks big indeed. Will post some recordings

I just shut down 5 different websites using 3 old laptops i found in a dump behind my school (i know wtf). They work pretty well as ddos machines. I have pretty fast Internet so i can shut down any small websites within 1 hr

@GayFish#47329 Do you care to share with the class how you did it? I’ve tried using hundreds of simultaneous CMD prompts and pinging a site to death but that method didn’t work for me. After 24 hours of hundreds of pings a second the scammer site still remained active. Also, I used a different computer to do a “site performance check” and the needle never moved… there was no measurable load at all on the site. :frowning:

Please share your method with us, if you are willing.

I have no less than 50 laptops over here hungry to do some sort of blasting task right now.

@pixel375#46504 Thanks… Does that also work for uk numbers

First of all if that IP address is valid. You have to double check cause they can either IP spoof such as VPN or Proxy. If the IP address is valid. You also have to write whole description with the scammer evidence/domain address if its a tech or web fraud or something that these people can investigate on.

The email of those Delhi Police still did not reply back, So either they are investigating or ignoring my email. I thank everyone who showed many evidence such as the scammer has their web fraud weak vulnerability that is able to give the police more evidence to get it started :)

ya write

@wpx#47389 The Delhi police won’t do anything about it. The call center will just pay them.

@aaronf#47352 Only works for toll free numbers starting with the number 8. So probably US numbers only

@ScamArrest#47346 Haha pings won’t do anything. Ping attacks have been deprecated for over a decade now xD First of all they aren’t big enough of packets, and second, all systems have protection against ping attacks. Me an a classmate tried using a script that opens endless windows of command prompts and sends the biggest packets from 2 computers to 1 over a Gb connection, that computer didn’t slow down a bit.

What you need to do, is find out how to execute a NTP attack. If I remember correctly from network class in college, and NTP (Network Time Protocol) attack is when one computer basically requests the current time, and then that computer replies with the requested info. The reason this attack is so powerful, is because the request packet is small, but the packet the other system has to build is way bigger. So looking at numbers, an NTP attack is about 20-200 times bigger when it’s received on the other end, therefore, a 10Mb connection can destroy up to a 2Gb connection. Or 1Gb connection destroys a 200Gb.

You can also execute a DNS Amplification attack. Similar idea.

rahet

@pixel375#48249 Thanks for the additional information!!!

Number is still active