Tax relief robocall scammers return!

Scam Number: (310)-694-0571
Scammer’s Website or Email: N/A
Additional information about this call: Voicemail on my personal, last time this happened was in Jan/Feb/Mar.

@scamterminator2021 @MehNamesJeff @JusticeinTexas - I know you like these :wink:

6 Likes

(Don’t forget to tag in:)

@OfclyGoodenough

5 Likes

The carrier is the one and only - LUMEN! @Jhawk and I just love this carrier! You should email their Fraud Team at [email protected]. If they choose to ignore you, you can then escalate to their executive leadership and will gladly share their emails with you :slight_smile:

I would use the following complaint to them:

Dear Lumen Fraud Department,

I am writing to formally lodge a complaint regarding fraudulent activities being perpetrated through your network, specifically by the phone number (310)-694-0571. This number is engaged in a tax relief scam, targeting individuals with misleading information and harassing text messages.

It is deeply concerning that Lumen, formerly CenturyLink Communications LLC, has not taken appropriate action to prevent such fraudulent behavior on its network, especially in light of the Federal Trade Commission’s (FTC) recent cease and desist letter issued to CenturyLink Communications LLC (now Lumen) concerning similar issues.

This neglect is unacceptable and must be rectified immediately. As a responsible carrier, Lumen has a duty to uphold legal standards and prevent the misuse of its services for fraudulent activities.

I demand that Lumen:

• Investigate the phone number (310)-694-0571 and take swift action to terminate its services if found in violation of Lumen’s terms of service or engaged in illegal activities.

• Implement stricter measures to prevent future instances of fraud on your network, including proactive monitoring and cooperation with law enforcement agencies.

• Provide me with assurance that I will no longer receive harassing text messages from the aforementioned number.

Failure to address this matter promptly and effectively will force me to pursue further legal actions and file complaints with relevant regulatory authorities. I expect a response within [specify timeline - usually 10 business days] to confirm the actions taken by Lumen to resolve this issue.

Please acknowledge receipt of this complaint at your earliest convenience. You can reach me at [Your Phone Number] or [Your Email Address] if you require any additional information or clarification regarding this complaint.

Thank you for your immediate attention to this urgent matter. I look forward to your prompt response and swift resolution.

Sincerely,

[Your Name]

5 Likes

Done!

4 Likes

Awesome! If they ignore you, please let me know and I will gladly share Executive Emails. We need to pressure these asswipes to be compliant and accountable!

3 Likes

Has Lumen responded or not really? They tend to ignore 95% of my complaints despite clear evidence presented!

4 Likes

Rhetorical question I presume…No, not a peep from them buddy, though I wasn’t expecting anything.

4 Likes

Of course, not. Here are their executives’ emails. Despite what different “spicy individuals” say here (makes me wonder if they represent some telcos as their attorneys, for example - hence the reason for defending them), Lumen appears to be a safe haven for illegal robocalls and scams. I have no compassion for this scum.

Here are their executives’ emails:

[email protected] [email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]

@Jhawk - feel free to use my template below to escalate the issue to their exec team:

Subject: Urgent Legal Concern: Tax Relief Scam Activities

Dear Lumen Executive Team,

I am writing to urgently bring to your attention a serious issue that I previously reported to your Fraud Team but unfortunately received no response. The overall responsiveness of your Fraud Team has been extremely subpar, in my experience. This matter pertains to fraudulent activities associated with the phone number (310) 694-0571, which is engaged in a tax relief scam. This scam involves the dissemination of misleading information and harassing text messages, targeting unsuspecting individuals.

It is deeply troubling that despite my prior report and the seriousness of the issue, no action has been taken by Lumen to address or prevent such fraudulent behavior on your network. This concern is exacerbated by the recent cease and desist letter issued by the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) to CenturyLink Communications LLC (now Lumen) regarding similar issues.

Given the gravity of this situation and its potential legal implications, I urge the executive team to promptly investigate this matter and take decisive action to rectify it. It is crucial for Lumen to uphold its responsibilities in maintaining the integrity and security of its services, as well as complying with regulatory standards set forth by entities such as the FTC and FCC.

Please treat this matter with the urgency it warrants. I am available to provide any further information or assistance necessary to address this issue effectively.

Sincerely,

[Your Name]
[Your Contact Information]

3 Likes

I get financial calls like this all the time, they annoy the heck out of me.

3 Likes

Agreed! And rapacious retards at Lumen are enabling such behavior driven by their immense greed. They turn a blind eye to illegal robocalls, as they generate astronomical profits off that!

Time to hold them accountable and email legal demands to their executives. The latter are nothing but some fat cats of Wall Street.

4 Likes

I can concur with a degree of authority on the subject.

I often rapid dial through 15 thousand search calls a day, which comparatively is nothing, but rapidly racks up a monthly charge out of my pocket of what has been up to US$600/month, which I can cover without depriving myself of too many of life’s necessities to try and help save people from their own vulnerabilities or sadly greed, gullibility and/or stupidity.

These robocalling, privacy invading retards send out hundreds of thousands and often millions of calls per day, which attract the exact same VoIP call charges.

There is not a telco with a set of morals that isn’t going to pass that sort of profit generation up easily, apart from the few who do not tolerate their network assets being the vehicle for criminal activity.

So much harm could be eliminated and be an actual boost to the US economy if the billions of stolen dollars each month don’t walk out of the country and into the bank accounts of foreign criminals for the short term gain of a few tens of thousands of taxable dollars generated from illegal robocalls.

It makes me furious the 3 letter agencies entrusted to police this crap, continue to sit on their weak hands and refuse to put a stop to this, opting to dish out a couple of piss weak warning PDF documents to habitual offenders and give the illusion they earn their obscene taxpayer funded pay checks.

4 Likes

Well said, mate! I could see someone like Fyodor Dostoyevsky saying that!

4 Likes