Student Loan Scam: (888) 480-0549 and (888) 480-0531

Scammer’s Number: (888) 480-0549 and (888) 480-0531

I called both numbers between 9:50 AM and 10:10 AM CST and got humans. A well-known scam.

1 Like

The first number is interesting. I get the typical student loan thing we have to hit one three times. The first time it connected me to a medical alert device. The second time I connected me to auto insurance quotes, the third time they connected me to a car warranty scam.

1 Like

Yes, I had the car warranty thing that they connected me to. It is likely all the same scamming people under different guises. They seem to do it a lot as of late. I got a scammer for AT&T once, and then when I called them again, it was some “Medicare service”. VOIP Scams and their intricacies, I tell you! Usually, it’s all the same Onvoy nonsense.

1 Like

I cannot emphasize one part enough: the majority of these scams all seem to originate from Onvoy numbers, with smaller number coming from Peerless Network… If only the government paid attention to a pretty clear trend here!

1 Like

I call Onvoy several times a week. You can never get a real person, but I leave them some “nice” messages, especially their legal department. They don’t care if people are losing their life savings. All Onvoy cares about is their profit. :angry:

1 Like

Oh, I have their emails and I had them respond to me. If you would like that, I can PM you their emails to their CEO and legal team

2 Likes

Add 732 538-5976

2 Likes

I’d love that.

1 Like

M11wJejZtn

We should make Peerless aware of this. Otherwise this problem could go unaddressed. I’m emailing them now.

dZwtpnWe1e
Bedun1tvwe

We also must report these numbers to HFA Holdings LLC.

2 Likes

I have to disappoint you, but Peerless Network is like a baby cousin of Onvoy. They are a known VOIP provider enabling scams. I would NOT be surprised if they’re fully or partially owned by Onvoy… I’ve brought scams and violations of TCPA and DNC to them on hundreds of occasions to no avail. The response is always the same: “We’ve communicated it to the party to which this Peerless number is assigned”. They’re hiding behind the fact that they’re a “reseller of blocks of numbers”. In their twisted view, they’re no longer responsible, because some other entity is using the number now. The truth is that they must be held accountable, because they are made aware of scams, but refuse to discontinue the numbers and continuously are engaged in selling numbers to scammers.

1 Like

Your best bet would be to let FTC, FCC and your State Consumer Protection Agency/Bureau know. At least, I got some responses from the State office, and they do mail complaints to VOIP scumbags and filth like Peerless and Onvoy. The latter two are behind the majority of scams at the moment.

1 Like

Not to derail the thread, but how do I make a report to the FTC/FCC? I need someone to help me through the reporting process because I’m afraid I might make a mistake.

2 Likes

I will send you the PM

1 Like

I can tell you from personal experience, as someone who holds three federal licenses with the FCC, and a good relationship with my section manager, they are short on resources and funding. But they are “committed to limiting the burden” of spam/scams. I think calls help, but realistically, I’m told they don’t have to the resources.

2 Likes

I think the more people bring indecent and illegal behaviors tolerated and welcomed by Peerless Network and Onvoy/Inteliquent to politicians, the better. Keep pushing, keep reporting scams to the government, AGs offices, Consumer Protection Bureaus and other entities, keep pointing out the specifics in the illegal conduct of VOIP filth like Onvoy. If we keep silent, nothing will get done. Fight like hell!

1 Like

(888) 480-0549 and (888) 480-0531 were reported to HFA Holdings LLC. I heard they shut down phone systems in 10 minutes!

I emailed [email protected] to report the scam. I shared with them an HTML file of this webpage and the internet link to this thread. They’ll know all they can because there’s nothing to hide. To help me and HFA out, upload here as much evidence you have. That would be greatly appreciated.

2 Likes

Great job all around :clap:t3::clap:t3::clap:t3:

2 Likes

Numbers are back up
Add (866) 298-0632

1 Like

Has it been 10+ minutes? I thought the phone carrier was good about shutting down scams.

1 Like

I may be wrong, but I believe the way it works is that these scammers purchase a “block of numbers”. If the carrier discontinues a couple of them, then they just move on to the next number and start harassing people again. I have also seen them bounce and migrate from one nasty VOIP garbage provider to another. They bounce all over, and VOIP carriers do not seem to care to keep any sort of notes on these firms’ illegal activities. I assume it is due to the fact that not enough regulation and enforcement is in place. MajorLeeAwesome, you appear quite knowledgeable; do you think it sums it up well?

1 Like