SSA suspended +1 (805) 518-9757

Scam Number: +1 (805) 518-9757
Scammer’s Website or Email: Not provided
Additional information about this scam:
Supposedly the SSA number got suspended (is that even a thing? I’m from Germany)
Here‘s part of the original spam mail’s attachment:

5 Likes

Magic Jack, baiting with virtual machine.

1 Like

Talking to an SSA Officer - Kathryn A Caldwell - 805-518-9757 Ext 101.

2 Likes

HIGHLIGHTS FROM VIRTUAL MACHINE BAIT:

• The femchode answered as the SSA and asked for my name, the case ID, THE LAST 4 DIGITS OF MY SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER and my ZIP Code before claiming the call was also being monitored by the U.S. Dept. of Homeland Security and the U.S. DEA.
  • The scammer will claim the USPS caught your identity & social security number being associated with muiltiple addresses in St. Paul, Minnesota and that you were caught smuggling drugs between the US-Mexico border with a Toyota Carolla registered under your name.
2 Likes

Here is the recording

1 Like

Middle name initial.

4 Likes

No, that never happens.

Rarely use German anymore so I’ll take a crack at it, hopefully without butchering too bad, lol.

Guten Tag! Ich bin selbst halb Deutscher und habe einige Cyber-Auftragsarbeiten in Rhimeland bei Ramstein AB gemacht.

4 Likes

What is it with these scammers and the Toyota Corolla? :joy: :joy:

3 Likes

You just can’t fix stupid Jeff!

2 Likes

Here’s a thing I learned in my Mechanics (Automotive) Class not too long ago - And no surprise, a Citroen is involved.

The Citroen C3, there was an emergency product safety recall. If the circuits became overloaded, of course the car would set on fire. But, not only that as the computer unit (“ecu”) would stay alive long enough to automatically and forcefully roll up the windows and secure them and lock the doors on top of that… Effectively trapping you inside your own burning car!!! [Not sure the timeframe exactly of how long ago this was.]

Make them swap over the script, tell them the car is wrong and you own a Citroen c3, you’ll have a lot more fun AND you’ll have more opportunities to keep them help up on the line with new stories around this. Perhaps ask them if they’d like a ride in one? Afterall, they’ll be BURNING in hell sooner than later (I HOPE) so no real difference! :joy: :joy: :joy:

1 Like

That is unreal…hope whomever designed that system is in some other line of work!

I remember those cars when I was kid. Do they still make them?

1 Like

I know right??? I couldn’t believe it myself!!!

Yes.

At this moment in time, in fact they recently won an award. Somehow. * The Citroën ë-C3 (CC21 → EUROPEAN; ELECTRIC VERSION), which is also the most recent one and the FOURTH GENERATION already, also simply dubbed as the “New” Citroën C3, had recently been named the “Car of the Year” at the 2024 Company Car & Van Awards. Judges praised its range and affordable pricing.

1 Like

Wow! Wonder if they’ll bring them back to the states. Last time they sold here was back in 74. As I recall they were pretty fancy.

2 Likes