Call Center Location: India :india:
Dialer used: ViciDial
Hold Music: Scammistani National Anthem
Answers as: “Amazon Customer Service”
Technician: “Jake Miller”
Bank Officer: “Alena Brown”
Case Number: DC90601
“FTC” Officer: “James Watson”

The scammer sent a fraudulent cold call to my cell phone, which is on the do-not-call list, so they can falsely claim an account was created in New Jersey, New York, Texas and Ohio to purchase a Macbook Pro for $1,499, with the intent of it being delivered to a single-family household in Albany, New York, as well as multiple bank accounts under my identity. No cancellation occurred, as “Jake” instead opted to transfer the call to a coworker who posed as “Alena with the fraudulent department of my bank.”

• “Alena” then falsely claimed my network may have been compromised before transferring my call to another coworker who posed as “James Watson, an investigation officer with the Federal Trade Commission.”
  • “James” then falsely claimed my Social Security Number was compromised to register multiple bank accounts and wire money outside the United States. As my bank account was to be shut down, “James” asked me to withdraw all the funds from my bank account while on the line with the “Washington DC Federal Courthouse/Supreme Court”
2 Likes

Busy when calling, hopefully they are kept busy all day. No rupees for scammer

2 Likes