SSA benefits (901) 501-7709

Scam Number: (901) 501-7709
Scammer’s Website or Email:
Additional information about this scam: Jamaican SSA benefits increase scam

2 Likes

So just now, for the first time, I called +1 (901) 501-7709.
A guy answered and he had a foreign accent. He answered with only “Hello” and did not mention anything about the Social Security Administration.

I wanted to play along. I asked him kindly, “Yes, is this the Social Security Administration?”
He replied, “Yes.”
I said that I had received some communication regarding my Social Security benefits, and then I asked nicely his name.
He said that his name is Mr. [I could not understand his pronunciation of his first name] [I could not understand his pronunciation of his last name].

So he said again, “Mr. Joseph [Still I could not understand his pronunciation of his last name, but it sounded something like Bedford].”

I asked kindly, “Joseph, could you please spell your last name?”

He replied, “B e c k f o r d.”

I said, “Thanks Mr. Beckford.” I was going to let him at this point direct the conversation.

But then he hung up I think! Maybe the call got disconnected or it dropped. I was using my TextNow number.

I just looked up the phone number and it seems he is using a TextNow number as well.

• Phone Number: 901-501-7709
  • Date of this Report: January 09, 2024
  • Phone Line Type: VOIP
  • Phone Company: TEXTNOW
  • Phone Location: MEMPHIS, TN

I will call again now.

=== === ===
I tried for a second time from my TextNow number but I got his generic TextNow voicemail. I did not leave a message.
=== === ===
For the first time I just called from my TextMe number but also I got his generic TextNow voicemail greetings. I did not leave a message.

3 Likes

Social Security uses free Textmail.

2 Likes