Spectrum scam 866-831-3184

Scam Number: 866-831-3184
Scammer’s Website or Email:
Additional information about this scam: 50% off Spectrum bill

2 Likes

Answering.
I pressed [3] for “Technical Subpoat”.

Told me couldn’t locate my account, but still said for the next 3 years my bill is discounted 50%. Also claimed the one condition to actually claim this is to prepay the 12 month bill in advance → $600 + $60 cashback as a |prize| for prepayment. Told him I only pay $100, so said my discount is $50 a month for 3 years after prepayment first.

Told me to call a specific number known as their BILLING DEPARTMENT but then he hung up on me.

UPDATE: Spectrum.com are fully aware of these ongoing scams. Live Chat Team advise affected victims/customers report information to their ‘Fraud Protection Team’ by calling their helpline on +1 (855) 232-1882.

1 Like

The numbers I have that currently work are 866-831-3184 855-854-1796 and 1797 the Billing Department number is 866-234-2984 and if you press 1 after it answers and then **** it asks for a password, maybe just access to the VM but maybe more, let me know if anyone gets access!! Remember if your number has been blocked in the past even if you called a different number you will still be blocked you need a new caller ID they block at the forwarding system. Also there used to be only one or two guys that could block you, sometimes they will try to forward you to them or if they let you talk and don’t say much but keep you on the line they are writing down the number to give it to Liam or Christopher to block, they have also given a couple other freshers the ability to block, they are getting sick of all the calls😂 and there are two other groups doing this same scam now I’ll post about that with the numbers later. Let’s hit the chodes hard today!!! They start at 9am eastern and steal till 8pm eastern

1 Like

There is currently a total of 3885 numbers active with this scam as of overnight last night

2 Likes

There is currently a total of 3885 numbers active with this scam as of overnight last night

2 Likes

The numbers I posted that currently work 866-831-3184 855-854-1796 and 1797 the Billing Department number is 866-234-2984 (adding 844-596-2110) are all part of a group of about 40 scammers in Lahore Pakistan, it appears they have been at this for years, they are owned Influx Tech Global in Pakistan, two other major operations are using the charter communications data breech information to make it easier for them to scam people and seem like actual spectrum employees. Neither Spectrum or Target are doing anything to protect their customers from this.

2 Likes

There is dozens of call centers with hundreds of scammers utilizing several dozen telcos to host the current 3885 active numbers.
My system locates them overnight as their after hours menu is unmistakable, the same as their daytime menu is equally unmistakable.

There are consecutive blocks of numbers spanning thousands of numbers first to last and containing as many as 340 numbers spanning 6105 consecutive numbers in the 833 prefix to a block of 360 numbers spanning 3280 in the 866 prefix.

There is no-one on this planet who knows more about scam numbers, I’ve been doing this a long time and have developed the tools to locate tens of thousands of scam/fraud numbers with ultimate ease every week.

I find it adorable all the grifters who have stated they’ve shut down this scam because they know their number…or BOTH of them…very cute

I have a list of almost 1000 numbers which have hosted this scam or the identical Comcast which preceded this current incarnation, which have been systematically blasted concurrently and have all been shit down permanently.

A consecutive list of 120 in the 855 prefix which were all taken out in a single Saturday afternoon a couple of months ago and will never be reactivated is the largest amount of them ever snuffed at once

new 833733 block 340 numbers spanning 6105
new 866831 block 360 numbers spanning 3280

2 Likes

That is awesome information, Thank you. May I ask, or the call centers using a forwarding system can you advise on how to avoid getting blocked? Is there a way to defeat that? I have also found that the “number no longer in service” message can be defeated by pressing the # and it will transfer me but I can never figure out a valid extension. For the scammers using the 855-854-1796 number I have bee able to call up and down adjacent numbers, some work, some don’t some are other businesses. Any way to find out which ones are spectrum scammers without the trial and error?

1 Like