SMS Flight Scam 888-716-0822

Scam Number: 888-716-0822

Additional information about this scam:

2 Likes

0822 is just endless ringing atm
the (971) 800-0037 seems to be defunct

2 Likes

“Adam” from “Reservations” answered.
Wasn’t happy I wanted to book a flight from “SEATTLE → TO → TERRIMAKICHOOT”.
Cussed me out and hung up. Poor customer service! :joy: :joy:

1 Like

Still answers

1 Like

Thank you for posting the screen shot of the text message. I have been afraid to call anything to do with reservations, ever since our collective trauma with a travel agency in early 2022. If these people are violating the CAN-SPAM Act by doing these mass texts, that is a very different type of animal.

3 Likes

Crazy Idea: Even though no one wants to talk to a law firm that gave the scambaiting community a lot of trouble in early 2022, do you think the law firm would have the common sense to confirm or deny that this number belongs to their client, if they were asked? No one needs a repeat of the earlier unpleasantness, even though sending out mass texts might not be the smartest thing to do in the current climate.

2 Likes

I called the place, and I was going to read the person five company names, connected to someone scambaiters had problems with in early 2022. The worker claimed he works for “Fargo Travel.” I will sit this one out, unless someone can bring proof of them asking for gift cards, visits to Anydesk, etc.

2 Likes

Vacation scams asks for a credit card and not anydesk, no way with a vacation scam.

1 Like

America has the best justice money can buy. If a company is incorporated in the old country, and if the company has a “Foreign LLC” designation in an American state, an American lawyer can then sue for “denial of service attack.” I think it is theoretically possible for a scam to win in court, if the judge asks the jury to only focus on whether unwanted phone calls happened, not on the legal or illegal nature of the business itself. Therefore unless a travel agency is asking for gift cards, asking people to press “Microsoft Button/R,” or asks people to visit Anydesk, I try not to call them.