Sheriff scam (503) 676-6267 "jury duty"

Scam Number: (503) 676-6267
Scammer’s Website or Email: None.
Additional information about this scam: Onvoy number, found it on findwhocalls. When I called, the voice message sounded like a LEO wannabe. Then I got an immediate callback from “Officer Blackwell” and he made threats to arrest me right away.
Call at 753 PM EST

https://findwhocallsyou.com/5036766267

American, jury duty scam where they ask for gift cards because you failed to show up for jury duty. These typically originate from inside prison using contraband phones.

6 Likes

did anybody verify this number
I don’t know if this is real or not
and can we verify this user who post this

2 Likes

I’ll vouch for this, it’s real.

6 Likes
5 Likes

did you get ahold of somebody and record it
and post it in here

3 Likes

I have been working with @Sol baiting these guys for a while now.

If you doubt us, read the article I just posted.

6 Likes

@scamterminator2021

@LordOfTheRings

4 Likes

Impersonation of Law Enforcement Officers is a serious crime. I would recommend reporting them via email to Oregon State Police (503 is the area code located in Oregon, and it appears that they are impersonating Oregon Peace Officers):

Oregon State Police General Headquarters
3565 Trelstad Avenue SE,
Salem, OR 97317
[email protected]
Phone: 503-378-3720

Also, you should report them to Oregon Department of Justice:

https://justice.oregon.gov/consumercomplaints/

I would use a template of this sort to report the issue:

Dear Oregon State Police,

I am writing to file a formal complaint regarding the impersonation of Oregon police officers by scammers operating through the Twilio VOIP network. The incidents occurred on multiple occasions, and I believe immediate action is necessary to address this fraudulent activity.

Details of the incidents are as follows:

Dates and Times: [Provide specific dates and times of each incident, if available].
Method of Contact: [Describe how the scammers contacted you (e.g., phone calls, SMS etc.)].
Nature of Impersonation: [Explain how the scammers claimed to be Oregon police officers].
Demands or Actions: [Describe any demands made by the scammers or actions they asked you to take].

I am deeply concerned that Twilio, the VOIP carrier involved, has been reported to have turned a blind eye to illegal activities conducted by its clients, as highlighted in a recent FCC notice (Reference: FCC-issued Robocall Cease and Desist Letter to Twilio - https://www.fcc.gov/document/fcc-issues-robocall-cease-and-desist-letter-twilio). This situation raises significant alarm about their complicity in facilitating fraudulent schemes.

Attached to this letter are [mention any evidence you have, such as recordings, screenshots, or correspondence] to substantiate my complaint and assist in your investigation.

I respectfully request that the Oregon State Police conduct a thorough investigation into these incidents and take appropriate legal action against the perpetrators. Given the seriousness of these fraudulent activities, I urge swift intervention to prevent further harm to individuals and the reputation of law enforcement.

Please let me know if there is any additional information or documentation required from my side to proceed with this complaint.

Thank you for your immediate attention to this matter. I look forward to your response and actions to address these troubling occurrences.

Sincerely,

[Your Name]

Correction: It is a telephone number that appears to be on the network of Twilio, not Onvoy.

8 Likes

Lol, did the guy stop responding? I tried calling and no answer js a voicemail

6 Likes

By the way, it gets better every day with Twilio! See links below:

7 Likes

Oh, I wanted to mention an additional aspect. The carrier is not just shown as Twilio. It is in fact Twilio International. In my experience, it is usually indicative of Twilio selling a US phone number to one of their foreign resellers. The reseller then leases or sells such numbers to their end users. I have been harassed from Twilio International’s lovely “clientele” for years, and the end users were generally traced back to one of the following beautiful countries: India, Pakistan, Philippines.

While Twilio’s US-based clients and resellers are often reputable normal entities, I cannot say the same of Twilio International’s glorious “clientele”.

I think there is a significant chance that this number might belong to some sneaky Filipino or Paki who might be one of the more skilled scammers. The more advanced ones are often good at mimicking US dialects (especially, Filipino ones - highly skilled often). Just wanted to share my perspective.

6 Likes

@Sol has been baiting for a while, I’m pretty sure the number is a scam…

9 Likes

Trust me @whoareu – She is most definitely verified!!! And she checks/verifies every number she posts.

7 Likes

@whoareu When I get any number I will call and verify, therefore I only post scammer numbers. When I got this number and talked to the dude, I was unable to record the call or post it. But here is their voice message:

@Tillianne @scamterminator2021 @HorseVG @Jhawk are reputable and experienced baiters who would never let a real number slip if they thought I posted incorrectly. Also, the post would have been taken down by the admins if this was “real” LE.

8 Likes

Number still appears to be active and goes to voicemail.

7 Likes

I don’t even know if this was a real phone number or not
does anybody have any audio proof

1 Like

I just called them, it is still active…

6 Likes

You have had numerous respected people here tell you it’s real. Why do you keep questioning it? You seem like you don’t know what you are doing.

7 Likes

@whoareu I posted the voice mail above, and the working number which is a VOIP number. I called the number and the guy wanted to arrest me and made threats about an ‘outstanding warrant’. If that is not ‘proof’ enough then that is fine by me. If you believe this is not a real scam number, you can contact the admins and they can take the post down.
If you have any other questions about how I vet the numbers, how I find numbers or ANY other issue, you can call me: (910) 683-0782 have a nice weekend!

7 Likes