Service Canada Scam

I got a call from service canada and microsoft redmond who said my windows, netflix, bank account, and paypal got blocked due to suspicious activity. Then They encrypted my computer with ransomware and froze my bank and told me I had to pay a fee in bitcoins to restore access through the ransomware and bitcoin system. Then they called me again and said I had to pay them more bitcoins to avoid the magistrate. Then i got robbed and all my money stolen and my bank got frozen. Then i got my money back and unfrozen bank after ransomware.

https://www.simcoe.com/news-story/8586806-wasaga-beach-town-hall-computers-seized-by-hackers/

i called the antifraud center and they told me that microsoft does call people once in a while but they said that bitcoins wasnt a official payment method to service canada but didnt say they didnt accept it.

>

@76561199021873147#132404 i called the antifraud center and they told me that microsoft does call people once in a while

They are incorrect, as Microsoft does not call anyone unless you asked them to.

Message from Microsoft:

[quote]

[b]Remember, Microsoft will never proactively reach out to you to provide unsolicited PC or technical support. Any communication we have with you must be initiated by you.[/b]

Cybercriminals often use publicly available phone directories, so they might know your name and other personal information when they call you. They might even guess what operating system you're using.

Once they've gained your trust, they might ask for your user name and password or ask you to go to a legitimate website (such as Teamviewer or Fastsupport) to install Remote Access software that will let them access your computer to pretend to fix it. Once you do this, your computer and your personal information are vulnerable.

[/quote]

[b]Do not trust unsolicited calls. Do not provide any personal information. Do not allow them access.[/b]

aw ok, it felt pretty real to me since they hacked the pc anyways using remote access Trojan from a phishing email and stole my banking details from my email files. Somehow they also knew about another cyber attack before it happened. Like who is doing all the cyber attacks in the news.