Scammer regrets trying to scam the wrong person!

Hello there, lately i stumbled upon a fake bank webapp.
Scammer sent me a link to the webpage. He gave me login and password to that fake BNK bank.

Little did he know i know quite alot about computers, i checked his website’s security.
It was horrible. The website was just crazy bad. There were some restrictions on uploading .php files. Instead of using a reverse .php shell (since it did not work because scammer set up some basic security), i used popen() function in PHP. I wrote a custom non-interactive shell and from there using /bin/bash i got myself a command execution. I found alot of software for Mass Email sending and else, like someone’s private documents etc.

After checking few things i archived his WWW root folder.
Day later this dude literally catches on what was happening and fixes the issue with popen().
I was not able to run binaries now, but i found out that i can write stuff to files with php.
Today (a second ago) i managed to delete all of the victims’ file off the server.

I overwrited the main page of the website to something else, so people would actually realize that this is not an actual bank.

Here is the website: Fake Bank’s Main Page

4 Likes

Nice, do bear in mind there are trained victim advocates who would be happy to help any potential victims if you have found contact details.

4 Likes

Here is the followup, i’ll include screenshots.

This image shows us the actual email i recieved.

The screenshot after replacing all of the files’ content with a single word SCAMMER and swapping the index.php file.

Here is what i’ve got downloaded from the webserver. (Add about 60-70 photos to the amount you see on the screenshot)
All of the images are DL’s, Passports and ID’s.

1 Like