Scam Likely Podcast (Sagar Thakar | Operation Outsource)

How many people have listened to the Campside Media Chameleon: Scam Likely podcast by Yudhijit Bhattacharjee?

For those who have listened to it, what are your thoughts?

For those unfamiliar, Operation Outsource was the US side of part the Sagar Thakar investigation. Sagar Thakar owned six or ten call centers in Ahmedabad and Mumbai that were responsible for roughly half of IRS impersonation calls in 2016.

4 Likes

So revealing. Than you for sharing.
BTW I started scam baiting in 2016 after I heard about Sagar Thakar (Shaggie)

2 Likes

Another thing that is revealing about this podcast is there is nothing about Shaggy’s US partners.

Blockquote Western District of Pennsylvania | Jeannette Man Pleads Guilty in IRS Impersonation Fraud Scheme | United States Department of Justice

3 Likes

The court was further advised that Taylor had a working relationship with those involved with the fraudulent call centers, including Sagar Thakar, also known as “Shaggy,” and that after Taylor learned that co-conspirators in India had been charged with conduct related to the IRS impersonation scheme, Taylor destroyed evidence related to the scheme, including prepaid credit cards, cell phones, and documents.

3 Likes

thankyou for introducing me to campsite media, looking forward to listening to other podcasts.

1 Like

Thank you for the update.
I encountered fake “Jeffrey Tribiano” in 1917 (Thane, Mumbai). He scammed for Sagar Thakar aka “Shaggy”

2 Likes