Rental Scammer

Scammer’s Number: 828-903-5052
Scammer’s Email: [email protected]
Extra Info:

So, I went rental hunting recently and came across an unreasonably priced rental (a 4-bedroom house for $900 a month in an area where a 1-bedroom apartment can run upwards of $1600). Curious but not stupid, I emailed the individual through Apartments.com, obtained their contact information through their email, and cross-checked their name through the county tax assessor website.

Surprise: It didn’t match the name of the owner.

Bigger surprise: There were a ton of red of flags in their email.

Upon copying and pasting their phone number through Google, I found that they were claiming to own numerous other properties that they were offering to rent for cheap. (Spoiler alert: They don’t own these properties, they’re not going to rent to you, and yes, they’re definitely going to take whatever deposit you put down and f***ing run.) I’ve already alerted a few of the sites and thankfully most of their listings have been taken down or at the very least flagged.

However, feel free to hit them up and waste their time.

Below is a copy of their email they sent me. Their info is above. Have at it.

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in my property, the Property is still available for rent and I’m seeking to find an honest and responsible tenant that will take good care of the property in our absence. This unit comes as seen in the pictures posted. It features: Refrigerator, Stove/Oven, Air Conditioning, Closet, Hardwood floor, Living room, Parking, Washer/Dryer. This is not a sublease neither is there an application fee and we Do not accept section 8 / Voucher. The rental amount is $900 monthly with $900 security deposit located at **** ***rd ** **, *******, ** *****.

I resided in the apartment with my Wife before moved to LAUREL, Mississippi for treatment for my pharyngeal cancer (Stage 2) and also for a job transfer placement with ManorCare Health , I moved to Mississippi to be with my loved ones and extended the family, with all the intention of selling my property but my financial planner and family convinced me to have a changed heart and put it on rent. It is available for both long and short term lease and also we will consider a rent to own.

Due to the continuous and increasing cases of Covid-19 we have suspended our open houses, open house information is uncertain, therefore we won’t be doing any more walk through. I also tried to actually work with some agencies on-line earlier but I noticed they manipulated rent and deposit fees more than what I instructed, so I decided to rent it out myself as an Independent Landlord You may go by the building and view the exterior, neighborhood and environment.

I look forward to working with you and I hope you become the right tenant for us as we need responsible people to take good care of the house. We also need serious applicants so we can move forward with the rental process.

Call or Text at 828-903-5052

RENT QUESTIONNAIRE FORM

=======================

INFORMATION ABOUT APPLICANT

Full Name:

Current Address:

Date of birth:

Marital Status:

License or I.d:

Yearly Income:

Home/Cell Phone Number:

Best time to call:

Employer Name and Contact Number:

Current Landlord Name and Contact Number:

Reason for Relocation:

Any Criminal Record:

Numbers of Cars:

Pet Type:

Anticipated Move-in Date:

How many people will be residing on the property:

Before we can take the property off market for you, how much can you put down today to secure the property:

I _________________ CERTIFY that answers given herein are true and complete to the best of my knowledge. I authorize investigation of all statements contained in this application for tenant screening as it may be necessary in arriving at a tenant decision. I understand that the landlord may terminate any rental agreement entered into for any misrepresentation made above.

Kindly get back to me today with a reply,

Call or Text at 828-903-5052

Rev ALVARADO JULISSA

1 Like

An Onvoy #…what an 'effen surprise!

1 Like

HELLOOOO Muthafukkaz!

1 Like