Question involving hacking

Hello, I had 2 questions. The first question is whether it would be legal (In Canada) to RAT a scammer, then delete all the documents containing stolen credit cards etc.
The second question was, what port I should for listening/RATting?

Hey,

1. Nope, regardless of who it is - It’s still illegal. See 342.1 of the criminal code (R.S.C., 1985, c. C-46)
  2. I’m assuming you want to RAT, and if you have to ask that question - I don’t think you should be going down that route.

Deleting documents, damaging their computer etc…most of the time it’s for nothing. It’s easy enough to keep backups, and they will do it.

Deleted last reply, but I’m not going to do any of that now. I was told that the police wouldn’t care since you’re kinda doing their job for them. But I still needed confirmation, thank you.

Always take what people say with a grain of salt, while I done a bit of research to find Canadian law - I still may not be 100% correct - However, it seems pretty clear.
It’s not the job of the police to delete files belonging to scammers, if you go up to them and say “Hey, I destroyed an Indian scammer’s computer” - I think it’s going to be you in shit, not some guy in India who now has no evidence of being a scammer. Furthermore, it’s gonna take a lot of effort for India to cooperate with Canada to seek any sort of punishment for the supposed scammer.

1 Like