Publishers Clearing House/American Cash Awards unclaimed prize/property department 5163997169

Scam Number: 5163997169 PCH unclaimed prize department

Scammer’s Website or Email:
Additional information about this call:

I had this in my database from Friday, 18 March 2022 after they robocalled me with the standard PCH scam script

The number has now changed to an unclaimed prize winnings department number

There is also this as further evidence they’re still active
(if this is any evidence at all from this nonsense site)

2 Likes

516-399-7169 Michael Walter. Tuesday 11-1-22 11:03AM EST

1 Like

Active!!! Answering live.

2 Likes

I’ve found them with a couple of toll free numbers doing this exact same “unclaimed property/prizes” scam.
They haven’t been active for a a few weeks now but they’ll spring to life at any time.
He doesn’t like me very much, tells me to leave his toll free number alone
I can’t help it if my redial button got stuck…for a few hours and filled his message bank up.
He carries on as if you’ve cut both his legs off when his phone bill goes through the roof…hey there’s a good idea…where’s my machete?
:wink: :thinking:

2 Likes

How tempting!

1 Like

Happy thoughts😊

1 Like

This number is working ‪ 516-399-7169

I tried the number in Takedown’s post. I was on the phone with the lad for 30 minutes and went along. He seems to be an American. He wanted a $500 gift card, or western union or wire transfer as advanced fee for the prize delivery. I told him that I would be able to do e-transfer within a few hours with the help of my grandson. It seems to me I was quite close to getting his bank account number. He is supposedly to email my persona tomorrow with the info. Perhaps someone more experienced could try it, as I would be getting a little over my head here.

2 Likes

At least you’re trying that’s all it matters keep up the great work and thank you for that information I do appreciate it.

Next time don’t ask to do an e-transfer, ask to do a wire transfer.

Publishers Clearing House Scam | How it works, how to deal with it would also recommend reading this since that information could lead back to a victim (reporting the information you gather to the people listed on the thread would be best as the people mentioned have FBI connections)

1 Like

Surprising this number is working at this time and he keeps trying to call me back

Well noted. I will study this article.

1 Like

@CHRob It’s great to have you helping in the fight against these scammers!! I predict that the more you learn, the more you’ll be interested in fighting them.

This scrotum breathed batty boy doesn’t like me much
Attacking dozens of their numbers simultaneously makes them all sorts of pissed off

From around 25 minutes ago

5163997169 PCH/American Cash Awards unclaimed property department

5163997169 : Got voicemail. I left a message with my old-man voice. I said I needed the money to pay for my senior housing, for my Meals on Wheels, and for pills for my reptile dysfunction.