Proton VPN

i have a few questions about proton VPN
1: Is it Safe?
2: Does it work well / How Well Does it work?
3: Is it really free?
Thanks!

1 Like

I have heard good things about Proton VPN from Kitboga, so that’s usually good enough for me :slight_smile:

As for free, I wouldn’t assume so it’s probably a free trial. But I’ve never had the need to try it out so I do not know.

I’ve used it, it’s pretty good.

Free and paid and the free version worked alright for me :smiley:

1 Like

ProtonVPN User here!

1. Definitely safe - I’ve run multiple dns (etc etc) leaks that are provided on well known websites, and it seems to not leak my actual ip/server. Just the VPN one. Also google regularly is showing me stuff in that server that I selected, for example, i’m on the (#) for protection I’m not going to actual say but it’s actually come up searches in that country’s home language, so google definitely thinks i’m in that said country, as well as at the bottom, the “we think you live here” also seems to think I’m down there.

2. Works VERY VERY well. Had no problems at all so far, personally yet at least.

3. Their FREE plan (which I’m on, planning to POTENTIALLY upgrade, soon maybe) - for me and I’ve heard a few people say the same is a KILLERRRR.

[Keep in mind: It has a really good killswitch, which you can enable and disable at anytime. One is where, if the VPN stops working for a sec suddenly, until that connection is restored, you cannot use google, just to make sure your genuine IP is protected and the second one is you cannot use it AT ALL, even if the app hasn’t even been started, it will know, just to make sure your genuine IP REALLYYY is safe. Plus every connection, gives you a different IP each time, making it harder to be tracked etc. FYI: Killswitch isn’t compulsory, just a feature, which I’ve described the two, you don’t have to turn them on at all.

1 Like

I’d agree with all of the comments here. ProtonVPN seems to be of good quality, and reasonably priced. If you’re looking for the utmost privacy I’d recommend using Mullvad.

1 Like

ok thanks for the huge list i think i will get it, Thanks!

Welcome to the community @OneMoment !! I’ll be the odd one out here. Just from my personal experience, Proton slowed down my connection from 270-280Mbps to around 30Mbps or less, sometimes under 20 Mbps. I now use Panda and it is always over 250 Mbps. My experience may not be typical, but it is what it is.

1 Like

Of course! You are welcome. :slight_smile: