"Pre approved pending fradulent order", requires withdrawing cash to "safeguard" it

Scam Number: 801 930-7594
Scammer’s Website or Email:
Additional information about this scam: Started as a computer-generated male voice telling me I ordered a Macbook, then “PayPal fraud department” gal connected me to the “Fradulent Wells Fargo” department (the only true words in the entire call) who connected me to an “officer with the FTC”. This dude asked me to drive with him on the phone to get a suitcase full of cash and do who knows what. This would be Officer “James Johnson” s callback number.

1 Like

You would think the Magic Jack line would be used to facilitate a refund scam, but based on the context of the conversation, it appears like the scammers were trying to get you with a Social Security scam. They’ll usually make a false claim that your SSN was used to register several bank accounts to launder money between the states of Ohio, Texas, New York and New Jersey, as well as a Toyota Carolla that was used to smuggle drugs through the US-Mexico border in Eagle Pass, Texas.

I extensively dealt with these scammers one time, and they wanted me to transfer the money from my nonexistent bank account to a “security locker,” essentially a Money Mule I’ll find in the parking lot of my local Walmart.

1 Like

Good job whoever changed the voicemail to make people aware :+1:

3 Likes