Possible legal scam? 347-394-7854

Ok, I ran across this number at another site… the phone message received says something about pending litigation against you that is being reviewed and will be filed in the district court later that evening. You have the legal right to contact the petitioner at this number. You have been notified by mail, email, text and now voicemail. Then ends “Good Luck in Court”.

I called the number just before 5pm eastern time. A girl picked up the phone and it was more than obvious that she had been sleeping and I woke her up. At first, all she could do was mumble. I told her I had received a missed call from that number and then asked who I was speaking with. She had a very, very strong indian accent and was very difficult to understand. Even though I had her repeat it several times, all I could make of what she said was that it was some law office. She then asked my number so she could look up why they called. She wound up hanging up before we had any further conversation, and I haven't called back yet as I wanted to recruit some others to maybe give her a ring first.

It may well be a law office... but it's a New York number, so I don't think that the receptionist would be in a dead sleep before 5pm, or would have such a heavy accent that it is almost impossible to understand her.

Consider it a "figure out the scam" game ;)

Call: 347-394-7854

@Otis#152103 1-347-394-2967 | NRA – National Recovery Agency

Geez, that was a very weird call. Just as you said, sounded half asleep. Looked up my number and said she needed my lawyers info. Told her I didn’t have one and she says she going to email the lawyers to take my number off the list. Very bizarre and can’t offer an opinion on if it’s a scam.

>

@MQ9#152109 Otis 1-347-394-2967 | NRA – National Recovery Agency

I saw that.. but when the girl answers, she says it's some law office and not NRA or National Recovery or anything even remotely sounding like that. Also, if you follow that link, it's just a landing page, and you need to click on another link to "visit our website for more information" to get to their real website page. Throw in the fact that the person answering the phone is apparently sleeping on the job, has a very heavy indian accent, and can't even seem to articulate the name of the company she works for. And I'm pretty sure not many debt collection companies or law firms coming after you will end their voice mail to you with "Good Luck in Court!". It just doesn't add up, and seems really weird, at least to me. Just too many layers of weird to look legit. If they are, then they are doing a really bad job of it.

I am not sure if I got a voice mail or someone explaining something in a foreign language. It did not sound like a Romance or a Germanic language.

Call To Scammer: Pending Litigation, Guess The Language, (347) 394-7854, 7-24-20 - YouTube

>

@MQ9#152109 Otis 1-347-394-2967 | NRA – National Recovery Agency

LOL - just noticed - that isn't the number I posted :-O

The weird one ends in 7854... not 2967. I do remember your link popping up when I did a google search, but I now remember skipping it because it wasn't the same number.

this time the number appeared in an email from the United nation unpaid fund,